TX GOP Leaves Ted Cruz Hanging After Cancun Vacation Debacle | Talking Points Memo

Even Texas Republican Party chair Allen West on Thursday would not go out of his way to defend Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) amid the Trump loyalist facing backlash for fleeing to Cancun as his state reels from an energy crisis that has caused millions to lose power in freezing weather.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1360848

Oh, so THAT’S all it is.

Nothing to see here; move along…[/s]

16 Likes

Twisting in the warm Caribbean wind.

Ouch.

12 Likes

When a repub loses Allen West…he’s in trouble.

38 Likes

“My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas.”

For a Major Ivy kind of guy, he sure does want us to think he’s stupid.

31 Likes

Just your average Father of the Year.

ETA It just occurred to me that Raphael’s pre-spring trip may explain his new haircut.

22 Likes

When Allen West is the voice of . . . reason?

30 Likes

So, I don’t know how old those kids are, but I would think either they are old enough to go on their own, or they need adult supervision. If the mom’s there, why did Ted need to go (not sure about her)? Which is it? Dog ate my homework kind of excuse.

18 Likes

Of course they left him hanging, NOBODY likes Ted Cruz.

16 Likes
15 Likes

Also, Ted I’d think a more valuable use of your and your staff’s time is focusing on how you can help. We all know what happened.

But Ted doesn’t care about constituent service. That won’t get him on Fox News. And now he’s been called out.

17 Likes

When your excuses will not pass muster with a fellow Republican, you know you screwed up.

12 Likes

Ted Cruz would not get censured by the Texas GOP, unless he does something outrageous like voting to convict Trump or shit.

Texas Republican Party chair Allen West: "Nothing to see here, waiting for Texas to thaw to continue working on the secession "

11 Likes

Wow. When the guy who openly talks about secession won’t defend you.

13 Likes

Yep. I suppose it also helps that even his GQP colleagues all hate his guts.

7 Likes

“My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas.

Uh huh. Well, Ted old boy, you’re a bottom feeder, so you should be giving us an update very soon now.

7 Likes

Wait what - children want a vacation a mere 6 weeks into a new year. That is insufficient to finish any education period…or he is doing what he does best: LIES his A off

7 Likes

For people concerned about the number of stories on TPM regarding a certain ex-President, we now have four stories…and counting…on the front page about Cruz.

Now that’s a royal screw-up.

8 Likes

“How could I possibly have known that having even my own party members hate my guts might someday have consequences?”

18 Likes

Senator raphael cruz (R-Backpfeifengesicht) could redeem himself, raising funds for frozen Texans by auctioning off the right to slap the smirk off his face.

26 Likes