Two Members Of The Proud Boys Indicted For Conspiracy in Capitol Riot | Talking Points Memo

Federal prosecutors on Friday night announced their first conspiracy charges in the Capitol riot, accusing two members of the Proud Boys of working together to obstruct law enforcement officers protecting Congress during the deadly insurrection earlier this month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1357541
1 Like

Go after the people who funded the rally. Pretty sure it will lead to the trump campaign

69 Likes

Legal expenses paid for by El Gordo Loco in…
NEVER chumps!

17 Likes

Soon to be known as the “Limp and Flaccid Bois”.

25 Likes

William Pepe, of Beacon, NY, and Dominic Pezzola, of Rochester, NY

Lock them up.

(Obligatory.)

31 Likes

Fat Donnie will send Rudes to defend them. Maybe they can get Jeffrey Epstein’s old cell.

12 Likes

“For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.”
–something taught in school on a day these guys played hookey

22 Likes

Okay, fine, but who will win the Super Bowl? Will LeBron run for senate? When will I get my AirPods Pro Max?

16 Likes

That’s why the conspiracy charges are so important. Unlike the various “disorderly conduct” and “being where you weren’t supposed to be” stuff, it isn’t necessary to show that the co-conspirators were present at the event. Conspiracy charges let you follow the money.

ETA: Judge Learned Hand once called conspiracy “that darling of the modern prosecutor’s nursery.”

49 Likes

Throw them in the bin too.

12 Likes

This is going to expand like the branches of a tree, in both directions, and I bet the orange POS and his major toadies are the trunk. That is one tree I won’t hug. Also, my stock in Depends should go through the roof.

33 Likes

Slightly OT. I saw that one of the funders for the Capitol rally is the heir of Publix stores. That may explain why DeSantis (Fla. gov) awarded the COVID vaccination franchise to Publix and took it away from local health organizations (plus, of course, the fact that Publix isn’t in a lot of the poorer areas - read black - in places like Palm Beach County effectively shutting POC in those areas out of any available protection.)

56 Likes

I’d like to see RICO type charges against these two thugs and rest of the Proud Boys. The conspiracy must include the attempted murder of members of Congress. It’s clear that they were highly organized and equipped to do so. Their actions speak volumes.

31 Likes

“Stock in Depends”

Shorts buying?

24 Likes

I’m guessing they’ll be “standing back and standing by” for 20 to 40 years or so.

47 Likes

The Justice Department said in a news release on Friday night that an indictment had been filed in federal court against two of the far-right hate group’s members, William Pepe, of Beacon, NY, and Dominic Pezzola, of Rochester, NY.

So not a pee-pee tape, but a Pepe tape that proves a conspiracy. This one equally horrific for our democracy, and also may well have been orchestrated by Putin.

21 Likes

Don’t want to see that squeeze…

16 Likes

More like shorts soiling.

12 Likes

Meanwhile one of their victims is honored, where he fell.

12 Likes

Publix also contributed heavily to Rump 2020.

20 Likes