Two Former GOP Lawmakers Endorsing Biden: Trump Is ‘No Republican’ | Talking Points Memo

No doubt but if you think I’m trying to stick up for the GOP you’re wrong.

However I do not look gift endorsements in the mouth either.

4 Likes

My point being, pretty much, that Republicans can actually call Trump a menace, and a threat, and unfit, without going to the blatant falsehood of “not a real Republican”.

But, like the LP, they’re too loyal to the brand to leave that lie behind.

1 Like

Yes I get your point and it’s a valid point for this board but not for GOP endorsements that seek other GOP voters and asks them to really look.

You and I are just as prone to reflexively support and vote for Democrats regardless of how Democratic they really are when there is no other choice too. At least I am I am a Democrat. I want that D to count no matter if it’s an anti-choice D if that’s all there is because I don’t like voting for Repugs because I don’t like them. Well there are voters don’t like voting for Ds and will reflexively vote for a Repuglican even when they don’t like them or think they are true Repugs. Do I really have to explain something this simple over two endorsements?

Jeez, I’m sorry I’m ever positive about anything sometimes.

2 Likes

I think the governor of my state of Massachusetts is a virtual certainty on that front. Don’t know that he’s explicitly said so, but given the rest of what he’s said, I can’t imagine he’ll be pulling that particular lever.

2 Likes

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”

Matthew 7:21-23

1 Like

Now I’m a liberal, but to a degree
I want everybody to be free
But if you think I’d let Barry Goldwater
Move in next door or marry my daughter
You must think I’m crazy!
I wouldn’t let him do it for all the farms in Cuba!

Bob Dylan-“I Shall Be Free #10
Oddly, I was thinking about the first “I Shall Be Free” just this morning.

4 Likes

You got it! Wow. I wasn’t sure anyone would. Mad props and all kinds of awards and loving cups with your name on them!!!

(this is from memory strictly)

There ain’t no use in me working all the time
I’ve got a woman who works herself blind
works up to her britches up to her neck
writes me letters and sends me checks
She’s a humdinger! Folk singer.

4 Likes

I got a friend who spends his life
Stabbin’ my picture with a bowie knife
He dreams of strangling me with a scarf
When my name comes up he pretends to barf
I got a million… friends

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Exactly. A Republican is precisely what he is. They built that, and they’re riding it like Slim Pickens on a missile.

Good people … always need more - - but probably did not need to twist their arms

MICKEY EDWARDS
As a notable dissident Republican leader often critical of Republican officeholders, Edwards has been a regular political commentator on NPR’s All Things Considered

Charles Djou
Djou departed the Republican Party in March 2018, citing concerns about President Donald Trump’s policies and personal character

4 Likes

And are losers who he either fired or wanted to work in his administration but he turned them down.

3 Likes

Takes a big person to 'fess up. My parents were Repugs. I was in the military and thought, “That Jimmy Carter, he seems like an honest (as you can get in politics) person.” That’s when I knew I was a Democrat. I mentioned in the squadron shop one day that I was voting for Carter and a room full of 30 people went silent. F*ck them. As a native Californian I sure as hell couldn’t vote for Reagan, a shitty actor BUT a Democrat until Nancy whipped him into shape (call it the $). I think I have the history on that right?

3 Likes

I love that quote. That is sooooo spot on.

I suppose it’s terribly un Democratic to wish he does not get “due process”? Strangely I DGAF if Rittenhouse fate is prison justice.

God bless his soul like those he murdered.

May his treacherous mom endure same fate.

1 Like

Poor thing. He kills & now he’s scared? Tell it to family of those he murdered & one who loss an arm.

May God bless him with all he richly deserves. Prison justice, no judged by 12.

Spare us the tax dollars.

Yes, you just can’t get any more hypocritical.
These same people cheering her were absolutely silent, yet possibly rejoicing inside, whenever a gunman in the last 20 years opened up on a school or church or daycare.

Yet they would look at any incident of gun violence in the black community or “Chicago” as some sort of proof of lawlessness and boogity boogity scare tactics and plenty of words would ensue…

Cops gun somebody down needlessly? They go silent again. Even if cops kill more white people every year, it is disproportionately affecting blacks harder.

Would they applaud Dylann Roof? Not a year ago. But now, I wonder.

1 Like

The Republican party has been Jeckle & Hyde sewn inside of an elephant costume… the balance swung back & forth … but Dr Jeckle died a few decades ago … his last decendants are moving on … Hyde is the only one alive - stuck in the costume & ever more deranged & tripping over Jeckle’s rotting corpse.

The people that I would look back at & up to as decent fair minded people who were Republicans are either now dead … or have left the political scene.

1 Like

Drives right to the root doesn’t it? Wilhoit follows it up with the thought that whatever any other political persuasion chooses to call itself it must be ‘conservative’ unless it adheres to the opposite proposition, the only proposition a liberal or progressive project really needs viz, “…the proposition that the law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone, and cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” (https://crookedtimber.org/2018/03/21/liberals-against-progressives/ )

1 Like

Damn it! @phlogiston beat me to it. I was really looking forward to that imaginary cash, trip and other valuable prizes. [sigh]

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available