Turning Point USA Aide Booted Over Phony Presidential Seal Snafu

Turning Point USA has fired an aide it deemed responsible for an embarrassing incident Tuesday when the presidential seal projected behind President Donald Trump was actually doctored to include Russian and golfing imagery.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1238213
1 Like

Turning Point USA believes in small government.

Sounds like its own management lacks oversight and review functions.

18 Likes

That aide will be working at The Onion by next week. He won’t be hurting for work.
I don’t understand the “snafu” reference. This aide did exactly what he wanted to do; it wasn’t done out of confusion. I’ll bet money he said goodbye to work mates before that board was installed on stage.

24 Likes

“The spokesman blamed the incident on a hasty Google search for the seal.”

A likely story, right? On the other hand, it was up there, yooge, directly in line of sight, right behind the “President,” for fifteen minutes and nobody noticed.

The first time I saw this story, my first reaction was that the story was fake. Should have known. Trump’s razor.

12 Likes

“a hasty Google search.”

That seems either unlikely (that is, this is a lie meant to cover up something done deliberately) or dimwitted on the aide’s part–and to be frank it’s hard for me to imagine someone dimwitted enough to not know the eagle in the seal doesn’t have two heads. And I know Turning Point USA isn’t this administration. But this sort of thing has been a frequent occurrence with the Trump folks and his allies: a lack of attention (or indifference) toward detail. (And, yes, yes–toward the bigger stuff, too.)

ETA: I checked Google Images just now, and, well, NOW there are plenty of the fake image leading the pack. Whatever one might think of Google’s algorithms, though, that assuredly was not the case two days ago.

9 Likes

I take it he really is an operative of the Deep State (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Clinton Foundation) who just deposited a check signed by George Soros that he picked up at a Brooklyn pizza shop.

17 Likes

Has anyone checked his texts?

The Trumpian solution to everything: blame the intern and fire him or her. Problem solved.

8 Likes

Snafu or scheme, it made me laugh.

6 Likes

15 Likes

The creator of the parody seal says he considers the excuse used by Turning Point USA is bullshit. And he’s also sold out of the T-shirts he was selling that feature the parody seal. LOL!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/25/meet-man-who-created-fake-presidential-seal-former-republican-fed-up-with-trump/?utm_term=.f3780acda05e

16 Likes

You know he will be including this stunt on his resume’.

7 Likes

The Ol’ Didn’t Know him , got coffee once a week defense.
Also known as the Coffeffee defense

4 Likes

That goddamned Deep State!

2 Likes

Behavior has consequences for the Turning Point USA aide, but not for Donnie!!!

1 Like

Too bad they didn’t boot the Phony President standing in front of it.

9 Likes

“I am so tickled in the most petty way possible that the President of the United States, who I despise, stood up and gave a talk in front of this graphic.”

Stannis Baratheon snorted his beer and laughed. “Whom”, he said.

10 Likes

Other touches include a row of hammer-and-sickle symbols across the top of the shield and, instead of an olive branch, the eagle is holding a wad of cash in its right talons.

9 Likes

No snafu, it is the newest and more accurate Presidential Seal.

8 Likes

The dastardly intern strikes again!

1 Like