Trumps Also Promoted Cryptocurrency That Got Cawthorn In Hot Water

Though Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) is taking serious heat for his involvement with a dubious cryptocurrency venture, he’s not the only one to have supported it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1414103
1 Like

Somebody check that boi for weapons!!
Mad Hot Wheels is on the loose again!!!

I wonder if Madison has a current wheel chair license…

13 Likes

Maddy aspires to be as corrupt as his orange role model when he grows up.

6 Likes

an elaborate pump-and-dump scheme

Shouldn’t a grand jury be issuing indictments right about now?

(I’m struggling to resist scatological references. (Really, I am.))

6 Likes

OT. As I suspected it was all Kabuki by DiSantis and co. All congresscritters voted for it because they knew it was all symbolic.

23 Likes

Loopy?

I’ll put my money on someone molested her as a child.

14 Likes

OT - but the story fits since we are on the topic of dumbasses.

15 Likes

After a rebuke from the Catholic League this week for calling the church “satanic, Marge Greene issues a statement that she grew up a Catholic but left the church because they’re all pedophiles.”
(https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1519424312947752967)

@teenlaqueefa. –
“I’ll put my money on someone molested her as a child…”

I don’t know about that, but Marge is definitely “fvcked in the head.”

Seems to me she’s just running her little side-show to distract from all her party’s fascìsm. All this modern-day McCarthyism is going to bite Marge and her pals in their ample asses. This could be when some miscreant shoots up a Catholic church, New Zealand style. That happened a year into Dotard’s administration, a very strident time for him.

7 Likes

Madison Cawthorn is a corrupt loser. Donald Trump is a corrupt loser. Birds of a feather…

4 Likes

This whole business fascinates me. Obviously a baseless accusation of coked-up orgy-ing would be fairly annoying to anyone. But why exactly are they so furious, and so obviously gunning for him? Because it’s false? Because it’s true? Because they’re tired of his brand of crazy? Because he’s a trouble-making moron who, strange that they’re worried about it at this late date, makes them look bad? I just wonder. :thinking:

25 Likes

So M.T. Greene was raised Catholic and now says the Church is Satanic and full of pedophiles. Okay!
That’s interesting because it shows an angry break with her past and the kind of intense reaction that adds some context to her present insanity. I expect she’ll continue to come apart at the seams.

13 Likes

Well, it would certainly be interesting if a more or less normal person suddenly made a wild accusation like that. But she makes wild accusations all the livelong day. Another person might say “I just got disenchanted, it didn’t seem to be what I was looking for,” but she has to say they’re Satanic pedophiles. It’s her way of saying she thinks otherwise than they do.

16 Likes

Cawthorn is a stupid kid, recruited by Mark Meadows to run for Congress. He is a great face for a cover for fascism. Good looking, sad sob story, etc. He has no knowledge of the wider world. He even said that he was hiring communications staff instead of legislative staff because that was going to be the focus. Once in the DC world, he learned what he has to do to make good money.

14 Likes

previously

14 Likes

All Catholic voters need to hear of her slams against the church.

7 Likes

Meh. Only reason any of this is happening is because the GQP wants him out. If he’d never said “coke and orgies”, he’d be sitting pretty…well, certainly sitting at least…

11 Likes
6 Likes

Set up before I’ll say it again, Republicans are all grifters or suckers or both.

8 Likes

Is there any purpose for cryptocurrency beyond pyramid scheming, ransomware payments, sanctions evasion, or tax avoidance?

(And if you really wanna see a ‘humina humina humina’, ask a cool-kid journalist to explain one.)

29 Likes

Mitt Romney: “Doing things like issuing debt forgiveness to help them establish themselves financially earlier in life is a bribe for votes!!!”

Also Mitt Romney: “Check out these totally legitimate tax cuts/tax forgiveness bills we passed that are grossly skewed to the millionaire-class so that a large portion of it can be laundered back to our party as campaign and PAC donations…totally legit!!!”

17 Likes