Trump Working To Get Cheney Kicked Out Of Office Over Impeachment Vote

Ex-President Donald Trump is reportedly seeking revenge against House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) after she explicitly called him out for sparking a violent insurrection at the Capitol and then voted for his impeachment.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1357374
1 Like

“Look, I support her, but I also have concerns,” he told talk show host Greta Van Susteren last week.

How does this work…you support a seditious attack on the government you have taken an oath to uphold but undermine the response of someone who is attempting to preserve our institutions…resign you mealy mouthed enuch.

24 Likes

Still Trumps Party.

11 Likes

“Trump” and “working”. Take note. You don’t see these things together very often.

And btw, what should we make of this?

The book, “American Kompromat” is by Craig Unger and recently published.

33 Likes

Headlines: Rethuglican Party in disarray!

5 Likes

“On Thursday, McCarthy visited Trump at Mar-a-Lago to have a “very good and cordial” discussion about “taking back the House in 2022,” according a statement by Trump’s PAC.”

8 Likes

IMO kicking out Cheney and replacing with a full Trump Toady would hurt the GOP more than Help it… ∴ I am in favor of it… QED

9 Likes

Still Trump’s news media. Every article up this morning is about the GOP. It was 13-4, if I be generous and count one of the articles about AOC’s tweet against Cruz as a “Dem” story, yesterday.

TPM seems to be having a hard time letting go of the Trump outrage click reporting.

10 Likes

There are two political parties, when one goes off the rails it has to be covered.

13 Likes

Trump is the crazy neighbor with three dogs in the back yard that never quit barking. And he sits in the driveway at all hours revving his Harley. And plays his stereo loud with the windows open. And he and his wife argue at the top of their lungs all day.

Kinda hard to ignore.

19 Likes

When Obama won in 2008, the coverage was wall to wall about the Tea Party.

When Trump won in 2016, the coverage was wall to wall about his supporters, endless trips to MidWestern diners to discuss their "economic anxiety over black people, and how the nazi next door was just a regular guy.

Now, when Biden wins, the coverage is shaping up to be wall to wall about the GOP yet again.

At some point, the pattern is what the pattern is.

ETA: TPM has THREE articles up on this subject of Cheney and the move to oust her alone.

20 Likes

Failed coup leader is still free, and gathering supporters to take over again.
This is not a story to neglect.
He is responsible for the deaths of 5, including the murder of a cop, because he incited the coup riot.
His minions are loose and reorganizing to bring him back.
Calling this click reporting undermines a serious and continuing attempt to attack democracy in America.

16 Likes

TPM is not geared to the general public.

3 Likes

And sometimes they even screw over their own. I got sick of hearing the name John McCain from 2001-2006 because loser John was on Sunday news shows every other week to run G. W. Bush into the ground as if he won the White House (or should have).

2 Likes

You mean Trump is vindictive?

8 Likes

Yes, its a left leaning publication.

This particular article sheds no new light that several other articles up already cover. Cabrera herself penned several of them. This is just an extremely short rehash of those articles…with a headline aimed to generate clicks.

When you are not generating any new reporting on a subject, but merely rehashing coverage you already in the last 12 hours, to create a headline…its click reporting.

5 Likes

“Look, I support her, but I also have concerns,” he told talk show host Greta Van Susteren last week.

5 Likes

The Cheney machine can hold Wyoming.

13 Likes

Cheney, like her or not, is a true Republican.
Trump was never a Republican.
Tea Party and the House Freedom Caucus members are not Republicans.
QAnon is not Republican.
Could someone explain where the fuck, or who the fuck, is or are the Republican Party?

9 Likes
10 Likes