Trump Will Be Happy With Supreme Court Arguments On Immunity

Brilliant comment.

16 Likes

If justice delayed is justice denied these clowns are in line to add additional denied justice to the American people by further delaying Trump’s Jan 6 and documents trials.

7 Likes

Welcome to Hungary.

14 Likes
13 Likes

In the entire history of the country has this ever been a problem on any level? No.
But to these Nine Wise Souls that is not the issue here, the problem to be solved is how to delay the solution until - oh, I don’t know - October.

I’m going back to the New York liveblogging.

ETA: Josh is doing a terrific job.

13 Likes

100x this. The Founders assumed that those who rose to the most powerful positions of government would act with honesty and integrity, rather than the duplicity and corruption evident in SCOTUS and, to a lesser extent, Congress.

WE THE PEOPLE are the last defense of The Great American Experiment.

Get.Out.The.Vote.

21 Likes

ugh. this just really makes me want to cry today.

It’s not even like I didn’t expect it. Smart people have been predicting they’d do this for several weeks. It’s still just shocking how this corrupt SCOTUS can under-perform even the lowest expectations.

They really went above and beyond in their achievements of dickishness and assholery this week. Interrupting Sotomayor while she was speaking and all! I guess you can work your whole life and finally earn a valued position on the Supreme Court of the United States of America, but you’re still just a woman who will be interrupted and insulted by your idiot male colleague.

I hate them, I just fucking hate these goons.

34 Likes

The British writer Nate White had a good description of Trump. First few lines only:

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

20 Likes

Yes, apparently only the Supremes can judge. Talk about consolidation of judicial power…

10 Likes

45 Likes

He and his fellow cons are convinced that they were placed on court solely according to their own merits and are therefore the smartest people they will ever meet.

18 Likes

Given that the Orange Menace has already secured the presidency once, and that there are still enough people who support him to do it again, I remain horrified when I consider that you’re probably correct.

I guess I’m the anti-Pangloss. I fully expect that everything is for the worst in the worst of all possible worlds. There is little to counteract that notion except the occasional, apparently accidental, reprieve from ignorant belligerence.

I’m convinced this country will only purge itself of fascism by giving it a good solid try first.

8 Likes

Two points on Trump’s lawyer Sauer:

1. Under his construct that an ex-president’s criminal trial could only occur following an impeachment conviction, he’d open the door to every incumbent being able to overturn the election results in the several weeks before they leave office, since the McConnell precedent shows that’s not enough time to complete the impeachment.

2. Listening to his weak, breaking voice, there’s no way I could survive 4 years of RFKJr as president. I know it’s not their fault, but…man….

11 Likes

They do seem to have forgotten the balls and strikes concept on their way to the outcome they want. I don’t recall the Constitution granting Presidential immunity. They are supposed to be judges not legislators.

12 Likes

If the President is immune from prosecution, then doesn’t that make impeachment and removal from office impossible? What crimes and misdemeanors can he be charged with if no law applies to him?

Couldn’t the President eliminate members of the Supreme Court, or members of Congress? Refuse to allow another election? What legal means would anyone profess to have in trying to stop the President if the President is immune from prosecution?

The people rise up to defend themselves because laws were broken but in reality no laws were broken because it is impossible to break any laws if there is no punishment for doing so.

17 Likes

Their ability to do damage is only constrained by the workload.

18 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you. I have spent the morning (west coast) raging at the conservative activist personal opinion judges on the SC spewing non-judicial nonsense on the immunity and emergency abortion cases.

You articulated much better than my foaming wrath. Peace be with you.

16 Likes

I can see the SupCt’s published opinion already. Not even one word, just an acronym. IOKIYAR.

4 Likes

23 Likes

Your posts are the ones I most often keep for future reflection. Thank you.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available