Trump Wants To Drop Nuclear Bombs On Hurricanes To Keep Them From Hitting US

President Trump has suggested to senior advisers at least twice that the U.S. should drop a nuclear bomb into the eye of a hurricane to keep it from hitting the U.S., Axios reported.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1244650

Well, Trump denied it, so now you know that he absolutely 100% said it. Plus, I guarantee he got this idea from watching Sharknado.

54 Likes

Will the “just kidding” disclaimer be on today’s new cycle?

9 Likes

Also from that report: In response to questions about the the idea, a senior administration official reportedly defended the president, arguing that his heart was in the right place.

His heart might be in the right place but his brain has definitely left the skull, traveling south.

23 Likes

I suppose if we dropped one on Copenhagen it would clear the way for a purchase of Greenland, also.

9 Likes

To the rest of the world, i apologize that this child was given the office of President of this nation by a few lost souls in the Electoral College. Rest assured, the majority of American’s have never approved of him, nor wish this charade of his Presidency to continue. I would ask for your help in rectifying the situation we’re in, but that would be illegal. Therefore, i will only ask for your patience as we face this crisis to our nation’s survival. We will survive the regime of Dotard Drumpf. We will be a leader in this world, once again, soon.

35 Likes

Where are all the science advisers?

19 Likes

Trump has denied it. Soon he will embrace it again because, you know, he’s an idiot.

20 Likes

Could he be any more clueless? It defies our built-in biological limits to be this stupid. I think he may an alien.

5 Likes

What science advisors?

24 Likes

They are studying methods for constructing a wall all around the perimeter of the planet, so ships won’t sail off the edge and into the abyss of space.

41 Likes

If we dropped one on him, it would clear up a lot of things.

13 Likes

Why not sign an Executive Order ?
God will back down immediately like all the cowards in the GOP.

8 Likes

He’d emerge from the flames and rubble, like the cockroaches and rats, to tweet another day.

7 Likes

Probably some safer and less toxic methods could work also.

1 Like

Parody as real life:

5 Likes

We are entering the Trump ages or the Dark Ages where all intelligence will be destroyed.

4 Likes

An imbecilic idea that would have actual fallout not just political fallout.

9 Likes

Right. He didn’t say it but if he had said it it would be a genius thing to say. It’s too much cognitive dissonance and narcissistic injury to have to deny he said a thing because he knows the thing is too stupid to cop to. He’ll double down on the obvious genius solution that he nevertheless insists he did not suggest.

Seriously we’re now officially past the point where people accept that he was elected. He’s decompensating too much for that now.

37 Likes

“They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they’re moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can’t we do that?”

You can be sure that he wouldn’t suggest nuking them if they formed off the coast of Norway.

11 Likes