Trump-Vance Virulent Attacks On Haitian Immigrants Yield Predictable Threats

Originally published at: Trump-Vance Virulent Attacks On Haitian Immigrants Yield Predictable Threats

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Despicable Days of xenophobic rhetoric from the Republican ticket for president toward Haitian immigrants have produced exactly the kind of threats, intimidation, and disruption you would expect. Here’s the lede from the Springfield News-Sun in…

87 Likes

So the GOP is fomenting Domestic Terrorism. Sounds on point.

I am presuming the FBI and NSA are looking to the sources of those calls.

58 Likes

Here we go. For a moment, I thought it was the weekend, but then, why am I at work?

I think the fact that Trump is cozying up to Loomer - a true crazy person - is a bad sign for his campaign. It means the usual crazy people in his orbit aren’t being crazy enough for his taste.

84 Likes

20240913_Eating_Pets

32 Likes

“In blow to Newsmax, judge rules Smartmatic’s case over 2020 election lies will go to trial this month”

https://electionlawblog.org/?p=145688

ETA: Bankruptcy filing incoming to delay trial?

85 Likes

I have a Haitian buddy, who has a dog, which he hasn’t eaten. Actually, it’s his wife’s dog, and he still hasn’t eaten it.

Cats and a dog:

6e92eec8b718c594940cb90c7847f2c25ece94ad_2_375x500

85 Likes

I have come to the conclusion that MAGA types are the human equivalent of the fire ants that live in my yard here in the Austin area. They’re always angry, they never just let other things be, and as far as I can see so far, they really offer nothing constructive for the world around them. I mean at least vultures have a purpose, fire ant/MAGA types don’t seem to even have that. They are also no fun to talk to.

92 Likes

Laura Loomer, International Woman of Mystery.

…are (currently incarcerated) Proud Boys Enrique Tarrio and Joe Biggs.

bafkreig4qs2qwbhkfifdxaqqhyv24i3oour4d2g3w3sxdnbriwhmm4kl7u@jpeg.jpeg

Are you a fan of Laura Loomer? Do you appreciate her guerilla-style journalism, her passion for free speech, and relentless drive to uncover the truth? Then you HAVE to read, The Switch, an imaginative novel by Julie Reichwein, ripped from the headlines_featuring New Mexican jihadists who murdered a young child in a Satanistic ritual, Mexican Drug Cartel, and what might happen if Laura Loomer decided to make it her next target. Get LOOMERED like never before as you follow the fast- paced Bond-style spy thriller featuring Laura as she teams up with FBI Agent Maria Quintana, in a tale of intrigue that never lets you take a breath until the final ending you never saw coming.

Bizarre?

45 Likes

Classic buildup to another Kristallnacht. Watch for normalizing headlines.

38 Likes

When the kitties are Haitian too?

12 Likes

On today’s episode of “Fuck Sulzberger…No, Seriously, Fuck that Guy”…

https://bsky.app/profile/wagatwe.com/post/3l424p3y32g2u

43 Likes

That’s not a box.

7 Likes

Days of xenophobic rhetoric from the Republican ticket for president toward Haitian immigrants have produced exactly the kind of threats, intimidation, and disruption you would expect.

And from tsf’s campaign - ‘’’ Perfect! And listen up, america, unless you reinstall tsf this is only a small sampling of what we have planned. We will burn you down and it’ll be YOUR fault!!!‘’’

32 Likes

Is that technically a niche market, or a crazy bitch market? I realize we have several resident pedants here on the site and one of them should be able to settle the matter.

9 Likes

Bizarre? Vous avez dit bizarre, mon cher cousin? Comme c’est bizarre!

5 Likes

See ya, bye.

30 Likes

38 Likes

And has been since 1980. As John McClane said, “Welcome to the party, pal.”

19 Likes

The Snark,

And the serious,

… her advice helpful. Isn’t that offensive enough?

Fuck it man, I’m going with the snark, but whatever peels your banana.

59 Likes