Trump Tries To Claim He Has No Idea What The Deal Is With Project 2025

“Just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK?” Trump said.

Trump was pressed three times on whether he’d distance himself from the Ku Klux Klan – but never mentioned the group in his answers.

“I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists,” he said. “So I don’t know. I don’t know – did he endorse me, or what’s going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists.”

29 Likes

He’s actually endorsed the elimination of schedule F civil service jobs replacing those who won’t sign a loyalty pledge to him, with his loyalists who will. Trump lies like the rest of us breath.

Trump has announced his intention to reissue Schedule F “on day one” of his next administration. During his first term, government employees were frequent targets of public insults, threats, and retaliation. Echoing Trump, other elected officials have advocated “fir[ing] every single mid-level bureaucrat” and made campaign promises to begin “slitting [bureaucrats’] throats on day one.”

Scholars at the American Enterprise Institute have stated, “[Trump] has made it clear in countless ways that, if he were to win the presidency again, he would expect total loyalty — from cabinet secretaries down to the most junior agency employees.”

To assist him, the Heritage Foundation, a prominent conservative policy organization, has organized a coalition of over 100 conservative organizations under the banner of “Project 2025,” an effort to prepare policy and personnel for “the next conservative president.” The organization’s policy agenda advocates for a revival of Schedule F as part of a larger crackdown on the civil service, and the architects of Project 2025 have plainly said that their aim is “to bend or break the bureaucracy to the presidential will.”

Trump’s Schedule F plan, explained (protectdemocracy.org)

38 Likes

And the MSM spends its time and resources telling us that Biden doesn’t know what’s going on around him?

24 Likes

Would be nice if this got as much media attention as Biden is too old.

33 Likes

And, he wishes them ____ luck.

19 Likes

I believe he arrived there years ago.

ETA. If Joe is to take a real cognitive test so should Floriduh Fats.

15 Likes

Per cnn…

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: It’s time for President Biden to undergo detailed cognitive and neurological testing and share his results
… … … … … …
Oh kay…
How about trump doing one or is it out of bounds to think trump is impared?

38 Likes

It’s noteworthy that Trump is trying to get attention by suggesting he’ll change the next election date – put it off a while until it’s more convenient for everyone, you know?

This Election Day is one thing Trump cannot affect. All we have to do, all every Democrat has to do, is keep riding Trump’s wave of nonsense, just like we’ve done for years.

No more. No less.

Nobody likes Donald Trump. Nobody trusts him. Nobody defends any of his business practices. Nobody wants to work with him (except maybe lawyers). His own family avoids him like the plague. And his wife? Didn’t she know about his child raping tendencies?

People do have questions. About Trump. Lots of questions. Lots of discomfort.

Let’s vote.

24 Likes

He swears as a genius-
he knows all the metals …

Steel
Platinum
Chrome
Tin
Lead
Aluminum
Silver
and his favorite Gold

Of course he knows nothing about it. I actually believe him about that. He doesn’t know anything about it because he is illiterate and only knows what comes through his TV. He has handed his agenda over to the far right because his agenda is only winning followed by revenge and then followed by being anointed Dearest Leader for Life.

6 Likes

If you love pain, vote for Degenerate Leader.

For the group of people depicted,

The fraction of people reporting pain is higher in areas with higher unemployment rates and more poverty.7 The fraction of people in an area who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 is also strongly correlated with the fraction in pain.

It beggars belief and Project 2025 will most likely exacerbate the phenomenon. I have a lot of compassion for the “people of pain.” But I’m under no allusion that they are anything other than authoritarian-undemocratic in their outlook.

How to fix this? Not a clue.

22 Likes

Trump:
“2025 …?
Uh …
wasn’t that a song by Zager and Evans?”

7 Likes

When will Donald Trump listen to the better angels of his nature and do the one last thing he can do as the crowning achievement of his long distinguished career in public service and graciously step aside for the good of the country he has loved and served so well? :upside_down_face:

20 Likes

That was 2525.
If man is still alive.

12 Likes

22 Likes

Is there some other Donald Trump?

Nobody’s heard of a guy like this with the name Donald Trump…must be some mix up.

4 Likes

Pretty sure they all left town when Donald was in his early adolescence.

7 Likes

Trump? They never arrived, never got the memo.

Meanwhile his worst angels are begging for help, they can’t keep up with his suggestions.

8 Likes

Trump remarks at The Heritage Foundation (and he has “no idea who’s behind Project 2025” https://www.c-span.org/video/?435817-1/president-trump-remarks-heritage-foundation#

11 Likes

Yes … I bought the 45 .
…I in my defense- I was young & was not a terribly discerning music enthusiast

8 Likes