Trump Touts ‘Calming’ Presser | Talking Points Memo

A day after saying during a press conference at the White House that his administration will “spend whatever is appropriate” to combat coronavirus, President Trump again touted his administration’s response to the outbreak in a meeting ahead of an African American History Month reception Thursday night.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1293786
1 Like

The pivot?

7 Likes

Somebody told him that it’s going to be a real disaster. He is just hoping that the people that are going to die do so right away so that it’s all forgotten by November.

17 Likes

Then there’s the Bernie factor…

5 Likes

Gee, thank-you Mad Doctor Drumpf.

1 Like

“It was a very good press conference — “

‘ “As a matter of fact it was a perfect press conference.” ‘

8 Likes

“It was a very good press conference — basically it was a calming press conference,” Trump said.

I believe he’s referring to the one that sent the stock plunging an additional 1,190 points. #ETTD.

The divot.

24 Likes

In other news, the sun will set before it rises.

9 Likes

“It was a very good press conference — basically it was a calming press conference,” Trump said. “It was a press conference to say we’re doing well.”

4 Likes

That sucks.

CNN really does like to push the horse race model. First, Sanders has not won all that many high-delegate contests, yet. Second, we’re still months away from the election. Third, these are based on poll numbers from CNN.

2 Likes

Every projection I’ve seen the past few months have all started from the premise that the economy will be doing well.
I don’t know if this one does or not, but that premise may be completely off judging from current events.
I also think if things start approaching an epidemic and people can’t afford to be tested, vaccinated (if there is vaccine) or treated there will be major fallout and it will shift the healthcare debate radically.

10 Likes

Don’t disagree with your points, just putting it out there for consideration…

2 Likes

How many rallies and campaigns events are scheduled for the next few weeks? That is the real test. If he stops going to those events means that the merde is going to hit the jet turbine…

8 Likes

His campaign advisers got to him and told him that he owns this cluster fuck, and better set expectations low…

too late fucker…

7 Likes

Is he for real? I’ve always recalled another quote (believe it was Spinal Tap but that’s truly a guess). ‘The more things change, the less things stay the same.’ Always gave me pause because it sounded so good.

But I have to admit, ‘Things could get worse before they get better.’ is coming really close to being just as dumb. He’s really going out on a limb with that statement.

4 Likes

“this is really above politics,”.

According to a White House pool report Thursday evening, Trump said the press is “out of line” and that Democrats should not make his administration’s response to coronavirus a political issue given how the country is pulling together.

What a grifted leader…

6 Likes

Tomorrow he heads for Charleston, SC for a rally and on March 2 he is scheduled to be in Charlotte, NC for a rally. Lots could happen between now and March 2.

4 Likes

Can’t find the post from earlier today, but it was basically taking a pledge that if you contract Coronavirus, you agree to attend every possible Trump Rally, and cough vigorously…

Gotta thin the shallow end of the gene pool, somehow…

16 Likes

“15 people is almost, I would say, a miracle,” Trump said, referring to the amount of confirmed cases in the U.S.

15 is just about the same low number of reported dead in Puerto Rico he was bragging about after Hurricane Maria … before it was over 3,000.

And did he check with the Stock Markets about how much of a calming effect his conflicting message press conference had? And how everything is good since Pence is in charge?

But, at least Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this year. So, we’ll have an early spring and that will get rid of the coronavirus and that will make all the sick people well and all the dead people alive again.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available