Trump Surrogates Rage Against Fading Pennsylvania Hopes | Talking Points Memo

In a parking lot by a warehouse next to the Philadelphia airport, the Trump campaign made its last stand for Pennsylvania on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1342731
1 Like

halfway through Giuliani’s remarks at the hastily convened event, Fox News interrupted with an update: it was calling Michigan for Biden.

That’s excellent.

But Fox is still off my Christmas list.

50 Likes

“They is all crazy, 'pears to me.” “That’s how I sees it, yessirree.”

20 Likes

Flaccid. Sad.

7 Likes

Blahblahblah

3 Likes

In 2016 it was Dems who saw their presidential election hopes fading as the count went on. Now they return the favor to the GOP. This despite massive efforts by Republicans to sabotage the lawful votes of American citizens, and an acquiescence in Trump’s call for disenfranchisement of those citizens, carried out at an illegal political event at the White House.

28 Likes

They’d been there all night, doing blow.

3 Likes

It should effectively be over by this evening. NV will release its final vote count, a lot of which are VBM ballots from Las Vegas which will be heavily Dem. AZ will release its count of the 400k or so ballots from across the state, most of which are in Maricopa County. The Biden team thinks that Trump will net maybe 40k out of it. Biden leads by 90k or so so he’ll win. That will put him at 271 before PA, NC and GA are counted. Nate Silver, Nate Cohn and Dave Wasserman all thing the outstanding vote is pro-Biden and that he will win PA. PA Dems think Biden will finish 100k-200k votes ahead of Trump and claim the state. That puts him at 291. GA is razor tight but the remaining ballots favor Biden. The NYT needle has Biden winning the state by 0.6%, so we could see a Biden +10k finish there. Then there’s NC. The CW is that it leans Trump but it’s not really clear how many ballots are left to count. Some say 110k ish or so; others say 400k. If it’s the latter then Biden has a decent chance to make up some ground.

45 Likes

In Nevada, mail-in ballots can be accepted until next Tuesday if they were postmarked yesterday or earlier.

I think.

1 Like

The results of the remaining large batch will be known today. Jon Ralston believes it will be pro-Biden and that it will be large enough to call the state for him.

21 Likes

Sure, I think Ralston is right about that.

6 Likes

Giuliani, playing with his glasses as he spoke, argued that Pennsylvania has “a reputation for dead people voting.”

As an actual walking corpse, rudy probably knows a thing or two about dead people and their voting habits.

31 Likes

It is excellent news that Team Trump is this twitchy about Pennsylvania.

Most excellent news.

21 Likes

For the umteenth time, he wasn’t “playing with his glasses” - he was tucking his shirt in his pants. Geez.

55 Likes

“We are continuing to monitor Rudy Giuliani,” said Neil Cavuto.

As are psychiatrists, demonologists, and dental hygienists nationwide.

67 Likes

You funny.

3 Likes

Truly is a shame that Borat couldn’t have been contracted out to troll Rudy in PA.

14 Likes

Dendrologists, too.

7 Likes

Was the 15-year-old girl Rudy tried to fuck with him, or no?

2 Likes

And speaking of Rudy’s hapless fumbling in that Borat clip…

I haven’t seen so much scoreless ball-handling since the Washington Generals.

32 Likes