Trump Scrambles To Deny Trashing John McCain And Fallen Soldiers

President Donald Trump on Thursday night denied in a series of tweets reports that he had mocked the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and fallen soldiers behind closed doors.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1330445
1 Like

When you have to deny calling fallen soldiers losers, and the denial rings hollow, you’re the loser.

108 Likes

Roll the tape.

He really does think we’re all stupid.

81 Likes

We have the tapes, Dotard.

30 Likes

And I love this:

swear on whatever, or whoever

Hint…it’s the book you were holding upside down.

83 Likes

Sorry no one’s buying this shitty bottle of trump whine. I like presidents who Don’t kill hundreds of thousands of American citizens through negligence and incompetence.

84 Likes

From HuffPost…a better example of donnie calling McCain a loser:

63 Likes

These military officials who made these assertions must publicly confirm these accounts. They owe it to the sacrifices made by the fallen American heroes to expose the perversity of there being an American Commander-in-Chief with such disdain and contempt for the men and women under his command.

John Kelly must publicly confirm or deny the account of his trip to Arlington National Cemetery with Trump. He owes it to the memory of his fallen son. To do otherwise is to be complicit in enabling the desecration of his son’s service and his memory,

It is long past time for these people who served in Trump’s maladministration to bear witness to the truth.

86 Likes

Cadet Bone Spurs the loser claims what?

6 Likes

Projection, thy name is Trump.

I can’t wait for January when Loser will be permanently as attached to his name as impeached.

27 Likes

I only wish this story would’ve came out 5-7 days before the election instead of now. We have two months in which too many more distractions can happen.

14 Likes

Oh, I don’t know…

44 Likes

OR…we have two months for insiders (like Kelly) to come forward and admit that this report is the truth.

Remember…voting has officially started today in North Carolina.

28 Likes

Prediction: Trump supporters will now have to come out and parrot his smears, “Yeah, dead soldiers are losers! We like people that were smart enough and brave enough to stay alive! What good are they if they let themselves get killed?!”

24 Likes

Would these be the same people who visit the VietNam memorial in DC and fall on their knees weeping as they see their brothers’ names on that wall?

Yeah, I don’t think so either…

14 Likes

This won’t affect his support by more than 1-2%, IF AT ALL.

Trump give his “supporters” a conduit for their hatred, grievences, and bigotries, and NOTHING will dissuade them from continuing to support him for that purpose.

Everyone knows who Trump is, a pathological liar, crook, and horrible person, just. like. THEM.

He is the Alpha Asshole, worshiped by all other Assholes who wish they too could cheat everyone around them, bully everyone, steal, lie, not pay their bills, get ahead without merit, fuck around at will, and GET AWAY WITH IT, just like their HERO Trump.

TheDifference

60 Likes

Do you swear on Ivanka’s life?

Do you swear on all of The Apprentice out-take tapes remaining secret, at least through the election?

Do you swear on your tax returns and financial records not being released before the election?

Do you swear on your hair-rig and makeup keeping your true appearance from being revealed … ever? (actually, I hope I never see that, although there is a bit of curiosity).

31 Likes

Trump will come out and claim Biden runs a dog fighting ring, shoving this off the front page.

10 Likes

Senior defense officials confirmed Trump’s remarks to the Associated Press shortly after the Atlantic published its report.

I think this story is going to have an impact. Trump’s words are just too vile and disgusting not to. And his denials are the hollowest of his infamous tenure. Remember his words of “consolation” to the widow of the special forces soldier killed in that ambush in Africa: “He knew what he signed up for”?

Fuck this guy.

72 Likes

I understand that the AP tracked down similar stories with multiple sources of its own. This is really two stories each with multiple sources. Who you going to believe the known liar with a reason to lie or two sets of reporters and their sources?

36 Likes