Trump’s NATO Ambassador Promises ‘Smooth’ Transition For Biden | Talking Points Memo

President Trump’s NATO ambassador Kay Bailey Hutchison, who also formerly served as a U.S. senator from Texas, on Monday assured that there would be a “smooth” and “seamless” transition to President-elect Joe Biden’s administration.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1346852

I know he is very much a multilateral organization supporter. We like to have allies. He likes to have allies. That is ongoing from this administration to the next administration.

I hope that Amb. Hutchinson wakes from her four-year slumber soon.

8 Likes

I never doubted it.

He likes to have allies. That is ongoing from this administration to the next administration.”

I’m sure the allies will be different though.

7 Likes

Is she trying to get fired? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I know I didn’t sleep through the past 4 years, so how is it that this is the first time I’ve heard of her holding this position?

6 Likes

She’s been on break for 4 years.

1 Like

Nonsense. I’m sure Biden will be having jolly coffee klatsches with Putin, Kim, Erdogan, Bone-Saw, and Duterte.

BTW, Kim’s been ominously quiet lately. That usually means that he’s preparing some new outrage to get attention. I wonder what would happen if a U.S. administration simply pretended that he didn’t exist.

5 Likes

What did you expect from a Cheerleader?

3 Likes

And what is this “NATO” thing?!

6 Likes

Because apparently she didn’t embarrass herself or us. Plus she’s an ambassador to an organization, and not an organization that Trump likes. He can’t get money out of them, so…

7 Likes

In that line I see she speaks a truth. Then speaks a lie.

NATO members must be breathing a sigh of relief right now. Not only may we re-engage properly, they won’t be called on to liberate the United States at this point. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Trump has a NATO ambassador?

Who knew?

3 Likes

Hutchison’s outright acknowledgment of Biden as President-elect and vow to aid his formal transition process stands out against many of her Republican counterparts — which include Sens. John Cornyn (R-TX) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) — who’ve yet to acknowledge Biden’s victory.

I’ve followed Kay Bailey Hutchison for a long time. I can assure you that, were she currently holding or seeking elected office as a Republican, she would be behaving just as poorly as Senators Cornyn and Cruz are.

3 Likes

Like we all plan to do re: LOTUS?

I’m pretty sure we can all accurately guess who Kay Bailey Hutchison voted for this go-round, and it sure as hell wasn’t Satan’s Avatar.

1 Like

If it’s smooth, then a priori it’s seamless.

Yes. Now they won’t have to expel the USA.

3 Likes

I had forgotten about her. But obviously she is smart. She kept her mouth shut and went to enjoy four year vacation in Europe on the taxpayers dime with all the perks and privileges of an ambassador.

Apparently she’s been quietly doing her job and not getting investigated for corruption and grift. In this administration, no less! Who knew?

It’s a measure of something or other that, when she was a Texas politician, Ms. Hutchison was seen to be a clown, and yet now reassures us that she was not the worst clown ever.

2 Likes