Trump’s Fed Nominee Judy Shelton Stalls After Senate Vote | Talking Points Memo

WASHINGTON (AP) — The nomination of Judy Shelton, President Donald Trump’s controversial pick for the Federal Reserve, is stalled in the Senate after Vice President-elect Kamala Harris returned to the chamber to cast a key vote in a tally Tuesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345190
1 Like

Who the fuck put “Honorable” on the same label as her name.

20 Likes

Yay, Kamala!

17 Likes

These people do not belong in government. Wait, what, she’s a “commentator?”

That’s her job? Seriously?

These people do NOT belong in government.

12 Likes

16 Likes

["Two key Republicans were absent because of COVID-related concerns’]

From the article

10 Likes

Including Grassley.

5 Likes

Everybody’s a commentator.

She has a doctorate in economics and is a Senate-confirmed Trump “advisor.”

3 Likes

Degrees just ain’t what they used to be.

4 Likes

Not really interested in discussing that point.

Simply noting that she’s not simply a “commentator.”

PhD = Papa Had Dough

10 Likes

Even better; she’s more or less a replacement nominee for Stephen Moore. What’s another hack or two on the Fed amongst friends?

13 Likes

Piled High and Deep

5 Likes

My first thought when I heard Grassley was quarantining was “what better way to avoid the vote today”. This is a guy who hasn’t missed a vote since 1993 and he hasn’t even tested positive. Damned convenient.

11 Likes

It would appear that she skipped class the day they explained why the gold standard is nonsense.

9 Likes

Could be. Nonetheless, I’m guessing he would have continued his toadyism and voted “yea.”

1 Like

She want’s to return to the Gold Standard. That would crush the world economy. So much for the Republican Party being the party of economics.

8 Likes

The only people Trump ever ‘nominates’ is a ‘former commentator’, ‘former reporter’, etc. etc. It’s almost like he is unable to ‘vet’ anybody unless he saw them on TV…oh wait…

3 Likes

As Paul Krugman once said about the gold standard, it’s like basing the economy on the price of a 72 Merlot.
Gold buggery and reducing the role of the federal reserve tends to come up every few presidential cycles. Jack Kemp, Steve Forbes, both Paul’s and Paul Ryan would venture into it thankfully to little avail. It’s not shocking that a Trump nominee goes there.

10 Likes

So, I’m guessing you didn’t listen to Glenn Beck’s gold infomercials back in the day, and failed to invest. Sad.

8 Likes