Trump’s Electoral College Mischief In Nebraska Fails

Morning Memo comes to you today from Pittsburgh. Sign up for the email version of Morning Memo.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485121
1 Like

Raise your hand if you hate early mornings.

47 Likes

Rich white man wants WHAT?
John Eastman Asks for Delay in Disbarment Citing Hefty Legal Fees (msn.com)
Former Donald Trump lawyer John Eastman is asking a judge to pause his disbarment so he can continue to work and earn income as an attorney while legal fees mount in his criminal case connected to his attempts to overturn the result of the 2020 election.

Eastman on Wednesday filed a motion with the California State Bar Court requesting a stay of Judge Yvette Roland’s order issued last week which recommended that he be stripped of his law license. In her ruling, the judge found Eastman had breached professional ethics rules by pushing a “strategy to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election that lacked evidentiary or legal support.”

82 Likes

Law enforcement doing good
Judge schedules Newsmax case over 2020 election lies for September trial (msn.com)

DOJ seeks prison time for woman who stole Ashley Biden’s diary | The Hill

59 Likes

ALMOST like a bank robber saying “Don’t take away my gun and mask, I need to keep robbing banks to pay for my bank robbery defense.”

91 Likes

Shocking I know
FBI Gate Crash Suspect Loved Trump and Pushed QAnon on Social Media: Report (msn.com)
The South Carolina man arrested after barreling his car through the FBI’s front gate in Atlanta on Monday has a long history of far-right posts on social media - and he even wrote “I love you” to Donald Trump, according to new research.
Fullscreen button

FBI Gate Crash Suspect Loved Trump and Pushed QAnon on Social Media: Report

FBI Gate Crash Suspect Loved Trump and Pushed QAnon on Social Media: Report© Provided by Rolling Stone

The South Carolina man arrested after barreling his car through the FBI’s front gate in Atlanta on Monday has a long history of far-right posts on social media - and he even wrote “I love you” to Donald Trump, according to new research.

Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan nonprofit group that researches online extremism, said the suspect in the attack espoused conspiracies about the 2020 election and other QAnon-adjacent beliefs. Wired was the first to report the findings. Rolling Stone has reached out to Advance Democracy for details.

The man, identified by federal authorities as 48-year-old Ervin Lee Bolling, was arrested on suspicion of destroying public property after driving an orange SUV through the final barrier of the FBI’s field office in Atlanta on Monday. Bolling spent 23 years in the U.S. armed forces, most recently working as a submarine sonar technician with the U.S. Navy until 2017.

The research claims Bolling posted far-right views as early as 2020, including anti-vaccine posts. On his public Facebook profile, Bolling reportedly posted memes about the COVID-19 pandemic, including reasons to “get yourself an unvaccinated girl” and “a virus with a 99% recovery rate” which would “strip me of my freedoms, my job, my constitutional rights and put me under house arrest.”

The research alleged that Bolling posted to X, formerly Twitter, under the handle “alohatiger11” which features the same man in the profile photo as Bolling’s Facebook page. Though the profile is now private, the Internet Archive has more than 50 posts captured, all of which were grabbed between Dec. 20 and 24, 2020.

49 Likes

NYT: Trump Defense Lawyer Todd Blanche Gambled a Gilded Manhattan Career to Represent Him

ETTD, and some folks just can’t get that through their heads. “It won’t happen to me.”

42 Likes

Cheers!

22 Likes

FUCK THAT GUY!

The body is perfectly clear @discobot

12 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

3 Likes

IMG_4746

10 Likes

Damn, the years have not been kind to Garfield™…

45 Likes

I’m starting to think that TFG might just be a crook and an asshole. Hmm. Hard to believe that he inspires a cult following.

26 Likes

Schvartsman is such a perfect name for a Trump con artist crony.

(And yes, I know it’s essentially “Blackman” from Yiddish/German. But it sounds so much more sleazy, doesn’t it? It’s the perfect name for a gonif. Would be a great character in a Joseph Heller novel.)

40 Likes

David, I’m very glad that you got to spend your son’s 21st with him. Cheers!

97 Likes

Can you take a flyin’ fsck at a rollin’ donut?

14 Likes

Or, an SCTV character.

16 Likes

Happy bday to your son, DK. What a lovely story.

55 Likes

How is he not currently suffering from a severe case of lead poisoning?

Pale privilege?

7 Likes

Trump has filed new motions to recuse the judge and to delay the trial die [sic] to pretrial publicity…

Thereby increasing the window for creating additional pretrial publicity, which will then become the grounds for moving that the trial be dismissed altogether.

28 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available