Trump’s Campaign Of Retribution Is Already Well Underway

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1492226
2 Likes

Probably not first, but close. Just had to post my kitty watching TV

76 Likes
50 Likes

third!

Puppy is being pretty non compliant. In the meantime, enjoy a pic of my baby marijuana cigarette plant.

49 Likes

Where’s Puppy?

10 Likes

35 Likes
44 Likes

Jeez, Puppy hasn’t even had coffee yet.

28 Likes

Enough of these GQP reich wing jackholes. Does no one have a guillotine available?

17 Likes

Where do these retributive actions take us, if not toward violence?

27 Likes

If you want to read sophistry in action, take a gander at Ross Douthat’s (I know) Q&A with J.D. Vance (I know, I know) in today’s NYT:

(gift article)

So much reasonable-sounding crap. I particularly love the material where he talks about trying to bring jobs to people who don’t want jobs at the terrible wages they pay immigrants, without offering any proof that those folks will take such a job at ANY price. (Also, has he really talked to the corporate overlords?)

And then there’s the material about orange guy, but I’ll leave that for the folks here to discover …

31 Likes

I’d like to see the Convicted Felon Republican Nominee in prison orange (so flattering!) behind bars for his big RNC Convention debut. Any chance of that? Please??

31 Likes

“It’s clear to anyone paying a wit of attention that the House GOP is the forward operating base for Trump’s campaign of retribution.”

That’s the point though. Most people are not “paying a wit of attention” and the Zombie Fourth Estate sees its job as making sure that anyone who is paying attention is thoroughly inundated with false equivalence paradigm whitewash nonsense carefully designed to undo anything they might have learned by doing so.

61 Likes

Lauren was great on Democracy Now this morning. To paraphrase, she said “Leonard Leo is accusing ME of unethical behavior?”

She was followed by Justin Elliott, one of the Pro Publica reporters (and TPM alum) on the Supreme Court corruption stories.

52 Likes
45 Likes

Cat picture…

Not quite NSFW, but let's give community members the choice to view it.

[mod edit]

15 Likes

But Joe Biden is old and just stood there while other people swayed to the music.

15 Likes

Puppy! Contemplating…something. Just staring at the sky.

43 Likes
18 Likes

Johnson is light-headed with fantasies of violence.

55 Likes