Trump’s Allies Quickly Respond To Shooting With Conspiracy Theories, Attacks On Political Enemies

Yes.

7 Likes

Innocent children get shot and killed every day and I don’t hear Republicans complaining. Their fuhrer gets nicked on the ear and it’s a big deal.

This is the kind of world they want to live in.

15 Likes

Yeah it’s obvious Biden incited this incident when he said we had to “fight like hell” or we “wouldn’t have a country anymore.” Oh wait …

13 Likes

Welcome to Trump World of nuts with guns.
If the gunman had lived would the NRA and the Republican Party defended his gun rights?

4 Likes

Probable bullet prof plexiglass shattered and he was cut

5 Likes

Nope not unhinged at all

6 Likes

The posters who have military knowledge state that a bullet is accompanied by a shock wave which can cause damage even if the bullet misses you.

Apparently there is footage of a bullet near Trump. There is some doubt that he was struck by a bullet since that would have likely created more damage than was seen. The alternative is that he was struck by pieces of a plastic shield or a teleprompter which was struck.
We will get more information as the investigation continues.

10 Likes

It’s gonna be hard to say Democrats “fired the first shot” when the shooter was a registered Republican in Pennsylvania. So there’s that…

5 Likes

No expert here, but my understanding is that the “shock wave” to which you refer only occurs inside the body after the bullet enters, not in the air.

2 Likes

Cue Republican Politicians calling for increased gun regulations in 5…4…3…. Aw who am I kidding?

17 Likes

Totally anecdotal but… A woman interviewed in her car leaving the rally kept repeating the “can’t we all just get along” mantra (while wearing one of those “know your parasites” shirts). Maybe that impulse, together with the one-sided doubling-down of violent rhetoric, will open some eyes to where the “mustn’t get along” is actually coming (hint: Trump) and affect voting accordingly.

4 Likes

But on the plus side such refusal will be a point of increased contrast between the parties. “You won’t condemn gun violence even after it nearly took out our own candidate?! WTF is going on here.”

6 Likes

Not an expert myself. IIRC, the perplexity was if the bullet struck his ear, why in wasn’t there more damage.

4 Likes

The shooter was a registered Republican.

3 Likes

No, we are not all MAGA today. A political candidate who routinely incites violence, who lies with every breath, attempted a coup to steal an election, refused the peaceful transfer of power when he lost, a convicted felon and rapist, was himself the victim.

“Thoughts and prayers”

15 Likes

Any real assassin would not be using an AR15, and would not be standing exposed on a roof.

4 Likes

Two rally people besides the shooter got shot. This is going to be all about a guy that was treated with a band aid.

Wild-ass guess: The shooter was inspired by Kyle R. who has come to make a pretty good living off murder. Republicans love him.

6 Likes

My first-draft answer would be of course: whatever the radius of damage, be it the bullet itself only or a radius of shock wave around it, only the very edge of the damage field clipped the very edge of the top of the ear.

1 Like

“died like a dog,” shot by Kristi Noem.

2 Likes

He was prone, but yeah, that ain’t a sniper weapon (according to others on here).

3 Likes