Trump Revenge Race In Virginia Too Close To Call

I read “An Alabama pleaded guilty…” to mean the entire state (which wouldn’t be surprising), but yeah, it could be missing a noun, like say “An Alabama degenerate pleaded guilty…”.

13 Likes

You could say that gate is a Portal to Paradise.

7 Likes

It’s a close call between two despicable Republicans, one of whom will certainly be elected to the House in November. My preference would be to have Good squeak out a victory over Trump endorsed McGuire. On the other hand Good was endorsed by Gaetz.

My takeaway is that even if Trump’s endorsement proves to be just enough that’s still a far cry from most pre-election predictions that a Trump endorsement in this race would be decisive early in the vote counting. The aura of Trump being the sole decider for Republican voters took a hit in this primary election.

34 Likes

I couldn’t find anything about murdered brain cells since July, 2015, but I guess Wikipedia has its limits.

5 Likes

That’s the New York Times!
Well, before they became the Paper of Record and did the kind of gossip reporting now published by the National Enquirer.

5 Likes

You know that’s from March, right?

But which one is going to start with claims of “voter fraud!”

2 Likes

If you’re not a baseball fan, it’s hard to convey how outsized Willie Mays was. He connected the ancient and modern versions of the game. He spanned both coasts at a time that meant something, playing for the Giants in New York and San Francisco. His death yesterday at 93 warranted two curse words in a George Will column.
… … … … … … …
Willie, we hardly knew ye… But I, for one, will mourn your passing…

OK I’ll bite…WaPo does not like me because I have an ad blocker and also I refuse to give them my email address, So, what were the two curse words Mr Will used in his column? Inquiring minds would like to know,

19 Likes

PFOS and PFAS “forever” chemicals are everywhere, and they bioaccumulate. The problem is that they affect our metabolic systems. These chemicals did not exist in humans (or any organisms) as late as the 1950s. I think a great question for the Trump-Biden debate is what they plan to do about it. Unlike abortion, this affects every live birth, an issue I suppose all parties care about.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9698423/

23 Likes

Bet’cha that’s over most heads.

5 Likes

No doubt Matt Gaetz will argue that he never pays for sex - he gets his ‘associates’ to take care of those transactions … allows him to cling to the illusion that his “relations” are because of his “attractiveness” …

14 Likes

Glad you caught it.

4 Likes

“This Debra Messing, who I always thought was quite attractive ― not that it matters, of course,” Trump told Setoodeh in the book.

Narrator - it is the only thing that matters to Trump.

“Debra Messing was so thankful. And then I watch her today, and it’s like she’s a raving mess.”

Narrator - Messing was not thankful.

36 Likes

Portal Arizona is a nice dark sky site.

4 Likes

This cycle, Trump’s handlers very carefully cherry-picked candidates in an effort to ensure a braggable record. Many were running unopposed. This one will almost certainly be spun as “rigged” or “our candidate won in spite of Democrat efforts to rig”.

And yes, they’ll blame the democrats and Sleepy Joe.

12 Likes

TDICFFG does not handle rejection well…

10 Likes

Make no mistake: true “originalism” would completely FUCK the KKKristofascist fundamentalists’ plans for permanent minority rule and subjugation of the nation to their religious beliefs, so nobody should be surprised, fooled or relieved that Justice Handmaiden is trying to create daylight between herself and it.

16 Likes

I took the phone call to be An Alabaman generically.

Rotten indeed? How about pull a Dobbs and drop a hand grenade on the last day and walk away?

20 Likes

It’s weird that it seems to be mostly a European or UK thing. I don’t recall much of that approach here in the US. Maybe we just have fewer iconic art masterpieces on display to get this kind of attention?

11 Likes

My belief is that Gaetz pays after sex, sometimes long after, to keep the underage girls at the time from testifying.

14 Likes