Trump Re-ups ‘Stop The Steal’ Misinfo Slogan To Delegitimize 2024

Huffman said neither Schlapp nor the ACU paid him to drop the lawsuit that claimed he was groped by Schlapp.

This doesn’t establish that he wasn’t paid.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Agree, but when you have an hour commute in bumper to bumper traffic, the fun is gone…

5 Likes

The Daily Beast reports:

When conservative icon Matt Schlapp announced Tuesday that the sexual battery and defamation lawsuit against him had been dropped, he and his allies were quick to note that the ordeal ended without him or the American Conservative Union—the right-wing organization he runs—paying his accuser a single dollar.

Schlapp’s accuser, former Herschel Walker campaign staffer Carlton Huffman, has also taken issue with the content of a conciliatory statement that a Schlapp spokesperson provided to media outlets in Huffman’s name, these sources said. The verbiage in that statement was not what Huffman had agreed to as part of the settlement, they said.

Hours after the news broke on Tuesday, these sources said, Huffman’s counsel notified Schlapp’s legal team that some of Schlapp’s personal statements and social media posts celebrating the lawsuit’s resolution appeared to be in breach of the agreement’s non-disparagement clause.

Who would be a “Herschel Walker” campaign staffer?

CNN reports:

The Republican operative who accused American Conservative Union chairman Matt Schlapp of sexual assault last year received a significant financial settlement in exchange for dropping his lawsuit against Schlapp, multiple sources familiar with the case told CNN.

The $480,000 settlement was paid to Carlton Huffman through an insurance policy, according to a source familiar with the details. Schlapp’s legal team did not respond for comment when asked about the financial settlement, but on Tuesday said that Huffman dropped the lawsuit and Schlapp claimed he had been exonerated.

When reached for comment, Huffman told CNN, “I am only legally allowed to say five words, and that is ‘We have resolved our differences.’ Those are the only five words that I’m legally allowed to say.”

7 Likes

Of my three adult children, only one has bothered to learn to drive. Being true to their Millennial tribe for sure.

(See online clickbait with lists of 100 things Millennials will never do which Boomers thought were important - tie a tie, balance a checkbook, have children, learn to drive, buy a house…_)

4 Likes

“Two manual transmissions” a really good description, actually, of the Ford transmission. The clutch has three positions (instead of the usual two: disengaged, engaged): Disengaged, engaged with set 1, and engaged with set 2. Set 1 is reverse, 1, 3, and 5 gears, while set 2 is 2,4,6. The transmission can shift really fast because when it’s in first gear, second is ready to go, the clutch just jumps from set 1, across “disengaged”, over to set 2. As opposed to engaged and in gear 1, disengaged, switch to gear 2, re-engage the clutch.
CVTs are completely different. They don’t have discrete gears. If you imagine a single speed bike chain going over the gear by the pedals and the gear by the back wheel…now change the diameter of the driving and driven gears. (rather than your typical ten-speed bike where you shift from one gear to the next.)

1 Like

That’s working too hard! Just wrangle your way into the front seat with Matt Schlapp and pick yourself up a $400k payday!

3 Likes

My 31 year old daughter does not drive. She wasn’t interested in learning when she was in high school, and she then moved to NYC for college. She still lives in NYC.

With the NYC subway system, Uber, and Lyft, not knowing how to drive has not been an impediment for her.

3 Likes
3 Likes

True.

6 Likes

His supporters feel abandoned by the rest of America. They all seem to want somebody to take care of them and to treat them nice because they are white or religious or otherwise “special.” The last time someone took care of them was when they were in grade school. Whining is all they know that works to get the attention they crave.

2 Likes

In spite of the fact of being in southeastern CT, I see this at the store all the time through my cashier line. I also see the well-off Karens behaving badly to the workers.

I enjoy the work at the store just to be able to see, live, what I keep hearing about in the media. I had someone Monday come through my line that blamed illegals for the increase in measles outbreaks. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I think the board (not shareholders) holds the vote to allow for early sale of stock. But the board IS stacked with mushroom suckers including DJT, JR, Cash Patel, etc.

1 Like

I know this is (my least favorite word) snark, but did you have to make it read so real? You know, throw a little buffoonery in to clue in us literal readers?

1 Like

Proof of guardian angels and a right good one at that. My creativity seems to be around finding situations where their help is needed.

Oh, that wasn’t snark. 60 years on from the assassination and there are still classified documents about JFK.

After 50 years, the only remaining reasons to keep something classified are nuclear secrets (highly unlikely), protect a source (who the fuck involved is still alive), or matters of national security.

Literally just the three. What in the hell are they sitting on that can still be relevant today as a matter of national security.

Doesn’t mean that the CIA killed him or any of the crazy things, but could mean the KGB did, for example.

Whatever it is, the government is covering up something juicy.

And same thing on UFOs. Probably really is just some really cool super-duper-top-secret DARPA projects and toys, but it ain’t lens flares and people making shit up out of nothing.

2 Likes

New pajamas?

3 Likes

I am guessing I am older than you at age 68 and that I may have confused Bob’s Red Mill with Arrowhead Mills, located in Hereford, TX. I still enjoy their products as well. My memory remains good, but there’s a lot of data there that sometimes overlaps. That’s my story, anyway. Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Yep, most likely Arrowhead Mills, which definitely would have been around the Panhandle when you were growing up.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available