Trump Promises Release Of ‘Unredacted’ Zelensky Call Transcript

Because the Whitehouse would never alter an official records document.

Let loose the whistleblower!

15 Likes

Agreed. I never trust Trump’s cooperation to be anything more than his next deception.

8 Likes

Eagerly waiting for the Barr press-conference to summarize the transcript prior to its release.

7 Likes

To cute by half. This particular call may be ok. We don’t know if the whistle blower was referring to this particular call,we need the full un-redacted whistle blower report. Nice try.

9 Likes

Yes, I was wondering at what point the whistleblower would decide to take the chance and say the hell with this, I’m coming forward directly regardless of the legal consequences. The hell with these intermediaries

3 Likes

That Acting DNI is the one who squelched it. Should be interesting.

8 Likes

That long?

also,

“There was no coercion!”

11 Likes

This. I don’t think the whistleblower complaint is about this phone call. Or rather, as was reported, it is about multiple calls, and I’m guessing the call they’re going to release is the most innocuous one. Focus on the whistleblower, Dems, or Lucy’s gonna move that football. Again.

10 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump, officials say. Details to come.

13 Likes

And …

President Trump: “unintelligible gibberish

5 Likes

This is (and has been) a trap set by getting too far out in front on the reporting. We are not certain that the whistleblower is this (of course, it almost certainly is), and definitely can’t pin it ALL on this one conversation. By so many organizations focusing on (and speculating about) this one conversation so much, it gave him the opportunity to release this one conversation (which HE and his team know the contents of) and then say the whole complaint is bogus if this conversation doesn’t have the smoking gun (even if others might).
As someone else noted, the entire whistleblower complaint MUST be released to Congress, regardless of the contents of this one phone call. Anything else is just distraction and obfuscation.

8 Likes

schiff

11 Likes

Doctored transcripts, no doubt… WE WANT AUDIO!
img578

9 Likes

Which is why NP will likely announce a formal impeachment. It would make it much more difficult for Barr to drag this out through the courts. He will try, however.

7 Likes

Dear TPM: you are missing the point. The whistleblower report has far more information that is probably damning to Trump. Don’t fall for Trump/Barr’s trap and think this transcript is meaningful or even remotely compliant with the law. It isn’t. If it were, the Trump regime wouldn’t even pretend to release it. The important thing is the complaint. That was supposed to be given to Congress weeks ago under applicable law.

17 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump, officials say. Details to come. It is about damned time!

5 Likes

I believe this is to firmly cement the DNI as breaking the law, by forcing them on record as to why they’re blocking communication to congress. The word in the law is ‘shall’, and it is unambiguous.

10 Likes

Requesting guidance is a good start. If the guidance doesn’t say the whistleblower should tell all to the committee, it’s time for the whistleblower to put the good of the country ahead of the guidelines and blow the damn whistle. Come on. Civil disobedience has a proud history in the United States.

2 Likes

When do we see the Ukrainian transcript, to compare?

4 Likes

Perhaps a “group impeachment.” Discount rates for high volume crimes and misdemeanors.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available