Trump Plans To Hold Rally At Florida Early Voting Site | Talking Points Memo

No doubt, a super-spreader event 150 feet from a public polling place in a stadium parking lot.

What could possibly go wrong?

8 Likes

Such a rancid fucking scumbag.

7 Likes

Outrageousā€¦but I guess thatā€™s the whole point, isnā€™t it?

I canā€™t believe thereā€™s no law that says you canā€™t impede a voting site by intentionally blocking traffic.

This is just one of tRumpā€™s ā€˜in your faceā€™ defiant adolescent style interruptions at work meant to sow as much chaos as possible and steal a day away from any liberal or progressive voters that might not want to go near that polling place if this is going on.

Fuck Him.

9 Likes

Heā€™ll have a PA system at that event, a big one. If the local election officials and law enforcement are doing their job, they wonā€™t allow it to be heard inside that barrier. One of his rally PAā€™s could be easily heard inside the voting area.

Of course thereā€™s no legal precedent for this, so they wonā€™t do anything and heā€™ll get away with it as usual. He has done a great job in finding all the loopholes in our Democracy, hasnā€™t he? Maybe a Biden administration and the ā€œwokeā€ states can do something about it.

6 Likes

And have the Trump loving police unions and sherif departments enforce it?

1 Like

Itā€™ll be heard, because he knows a guy.

2 Likes

ā€˜kā€™

1 Like

Do those police officers and sheriffs live in DC? Theyā€™re suppose to live in the area that they serve.

If that rally were to happen here in AZ all the signs and political junk would need to be 75 feet from the voting site. You cannot bring signs into a voting site in AZ. Very likely MAGA hats and trump t-shirts either. I could be wrong about that last bit though.

1 Like

The Secret Service has the authority to shut down entire neighborhoods prior to Presidential arrivals, and they will likely compromise the voting process by shutting down access to the polls there.

Trump won the Tampa area in 2016, but HRC won the downtown Tampa area where the stadium is (to the west). Trump knows he has a SService army, and choose this parking lot to disrupt the voting process in a Democratic area.

Unrelated, but funnyā€¦ (God we need humor these days)

7 Likes

I think Hillsborough will figure something out (Iā€™m hedging), but Iā€™m interested to see if anyone in Tallahassee wants to chime in.

1 Like

So, Hillsborough county, which is where the stadium is located, numbers as of today:

Dems: 208,956 voters
republicans: 161,395 voters
NPAs: 109,813 voters

So no, its not a Trump area. None of the major cities in Florida are ā€œtrumpā€ areas.

Thatā€™s incorrect: HRC won Hillsborough 51 vs. 44.

https://enr.electionsfl.org/HIL/Summary/1649/

He did win neighboring Pinellas County (St. Pete and environs) 48 vs. 47

https://enr.votepinellas.com/FL/Pinellas/64408/183835/en/summary.html

But Pinellas is working it hard to make up for this cycle. They currently have 60% Dem votes cast vs. 53% republican.

8 Likes

Voting interference. Plain and simple. Blocking access to the polls with crowds of unmasked idiots spreading COVID 19 as an added incentive to stay away. The objective is to prevent a day of early voting turnout.

5 Likes

Will there be enough buses to shuttle the faithful back to the parking lot
thank God itā€™s not in Nebraska at night.

2 Likes

Obviously the term ā€œTampa areaā€ is subject to definition.

The Tampa Bay Times, which includes Pinellas, (trump +5K votes); Pasco, (trump +52K votes); and Hernando, (trump +27K votes). Clinton won Hillsborough, (trump -40K votes), for a ā€œTampa areaā€ vote of net Trump +44K votes.

Yes, HRC won Hillsborough definitively. Which is my point. Why is Trump there, except to disrupt the Dem-centric early voting.

1 Like

Trump: ā€œits too hot and also too cold. I donā€™t want to be here,but if Brady can win here, why not me? ā€˜Be like Tomā€™; we both have foreign sounding wives. Giselle is taller, but Melania is bigger in what matters. Sheā€™s all natural and Iā€™ll fight anyone who says otherwise. Except for resistance women. They say they are, butā€¦ā€

2 Likes

A Trump rally: come for the stupid, stay for the COVID.

5 Likes

Freeze to death waiting for the busā€¦

5 Likes

Someone has found the loopholes, Iā€™d wager that rancid turd isnā€™t one of them.

Maybe the event planners at the Raymond James Stadium are die-hard republicans.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available