Trump Org. CFO Weisselberg Terminated From Leadership Role At Trump Golf Resort

Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg, who was indicted for tax crimes along with the Trump Organization itself last week, has been terminated as a director of one of ex-President Donald Trump’s golf clubs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1380539

I am curious. Are the various properties all individually run? I had assumed this was a top-down sort of operation.

15 Likes

Who terminated him? Is this the Trump Organization’s doing? Or is it some aspect of UK law that prevents an indicted person from holding such a position?

That’s important information.

39 Likes

Commence underbussing!

26 Likes

After this indignity will he flip?

7 Likes

Allen Allen Allen

Just because you are told that your loyalty will be rewarded with your family continuing to enjoy the standard of living they are accustomed too…

16 Likes

That should fix everything.

21 Likes

The trump Organization is a series of interlocked LLCs and LLPs—basically a weird amalgam of mom-and-pop style companies and supporting businesses.
It’s all designed to be as opaque as possible and to limit trump’s personal liability.

58 Likes

“A Luca Brasi to see you, Mr. Weisselberg. The swarthy gentleman lurking in the lobby.”

20 Likes

“Weisselberg was terminated from his spot at Trump International Golf Club Scotland on Wednesday.”

In all fairness, he’s still Director of Covfefe at the clubs in Normay, Nambia, and the city of Belgium.

45 Likes

C’mon, people … They’re just correcting a clerical error. He never even worked there!

23 Likes

under_bus

25 Likes

This part in spades.

21 Likes

Indeed. What about the UK resort and/or UK laws means that Weissleberg is forced to take this step?

There were previous calls in the Scottish parliament for the resort to be investigated for a “unexplained wealth order”. I wonder if this move is related to that.

33 Likes

Yes, but are they all headed by different people? I thought that the separate entity was an “on paper” thing with everything decided by a wink and a nod from you know who. It seems odd to be removed from one golf course. I think @wintermoon is asking the right questions. Is this a sign that they are going to slowly let him take the fall or something the greater organization had no control over? I would think that a show of support for Weisselberg would be crucial to keep him from flipping.

7 Likes

“He is also no longer a “person with significant control” of the resort, according to a separate filing.”

Ivanka made it clear to him watering the green on the 9th hole is now the limit of his responsibilities.

7 Likes

His removal comes as Scottish lawmakers and Avaaz, a global do-gooder organization, are pushing for an “unexplained wealth” inquiry into how Trump got the money to buy and refurbish both of his money-losing Scottish golf courses.

A 2018 British law lets investigators examine company and personal financial records to determine sources of money and riches that they deem suspicious. It’s been called the McMafia law.

There are only two ways Weisselberg could be removed as a director of the Trump International Golf Club Scotland, Ltd. Weisselberg could have done so on his own. In that case, his lawyers may have advised him to do so for reasons not yet clear.

The other way would have been on orders from Donald Trump and executed through his sons Don Jr. and Eric, who remain as the only directors. That, too, may indicate a criminal defense strategic move. Since Weisselberg remains on the Trump Organization payroll it almost certainly does not suggest a split between the interests of Weisselberg and his boss.

The move suggests that Trump may be trying to make sure only he and his family members exercise any legal control over the Trump Organization.

28 Likes

Oh, I am pretty sure he never worked there, but he very likely got paid there.

Which opens the question: is the bank account in the Caymans in pounds, dollars or something else?*

*This question will also need to be answered for Javanka, Junior, Butthead and possibly even Malaria…

22 Likes

Trump-managed properties need to have an independent audit of their books for payments to suspicious consultants and vendors providing opaque services.

13 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.