Trump Officials Reject Calls To Release Trump-Ukraine Transcripts

Ever since allegations emerged that President Donald Trump contacted Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in July to get the Ukrainian government to investigate 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden, the President has insisted that the call was “perfectly fine and routine conversation.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1250171

“[Trump] says he said nothing inappropriate. So why not release the transcript?” Todd asked.

I think that’s a silly question. The reason to release the transcript has to do with law/legal procedure, not such childish “prove your innocence”.

7 Likes

Particularly since it appears that they would do the opposite.

2 Likes

We can assume that every admin statement about this conversation is a lie then.

19 Likes

Todd’s point is that Trump, as President, is the only entity who can unilaterally declassify and release anything he wants.

Ergo, rather than having to wait for courts or whatever to rule on anything, he can release that transcript this second, totally lawfully.

17 Likes

Trump Officials Reject Calls To Release Trump-Ukraine Transcripts

alternate headline:

No-Talent Thieves Say No to Public Viewing of No-Talent Con Artist’s Treason

16 Likes

Barr is ready and waiting to write up a summary!

12 Likes

They seem to have forgotten the word Whistleblower and the fact that this needs to be sent to Congress. And, since Barr was in the hot seat for a long stretch, he’s now got a tag team of Pompeo and the money grubber.

8 Likes

Perhaps Martha Raddatz or Chuck Todd should have asked eight times? Would have given us just a little flavor of that conversation.

11 Likes

Of course the ONLY reason to not release the transcripts is because they would show they are lying. If they exonerated him they would have been released already.

I would like to add that I strongly suspect that this whole business of digging up dirt on Biden is a smokescreen. As corrupt as blackmailing a foreign leader into attacking a political rival is, it doesn’t rise to the level of being an “urgent” threat. If that is the totality of the whistleblower’s complaint, that cat is already out of the bag. So why not release the transcript?

This is a shiny object-red herring designed to draw attention away from much worse acts. We should not fall for it. Until Adam Schiff and the The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is allowed to see the full complaint we wont know what the real threat is.

21 Likes

Two more co-conspirators, along with My Pants.

7 Likes

Well, looks to me like we’re on the stonewall path again.
Of course he said nothing wrong, but it’s just not appropriate to disclose what world leaders are talking about.
How does this get out if this is what is happening again?
Unknown

2 Likes

Two things:

1. The IG Report leaks have been very consistent in using the word “promise”, not “blackmail”. Indicates that this call and the known details aren’t the full story-- probably a different call.

2. The “Urgent” bit may well reference that the funds were being actively withheld, and as arms are needed for that ongoing conflict in Ukraine, that would justify it. That they release the hold on 12 September is suspicious, because it’s after that point that the DNI claimed that the report was erroneously “Urgent”, thus he was changing the status and didn’t have to provide it to Congress. My suspicion is that that release of funds was done deliberately then to try to get rid of the Urgent label.

20 Likes

Hit the “~” key next to the 1 on the keyboard to bring up the editor, then edit the code to allow the avatar to free-flow through walls and other obstacles. Duh.

1 Like

Don’t get the response.

That looked like a video-game image of a wall. So on a PC, you could edit the game itself to allow you to pass through the wall…

1 Like

What I meant was how will the whistleblower info ever make it to Congress with the stonewallers. Not on PC.

1 Like

I know what you meant! I was just taking the zen route, that to beat the wall, you must be the wall… :wink:

On the whistleblower report, expect it’ll be a Mark Felt or Pentagon Papers requirement, otherwise it’ll never see the light of day.

7 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Congress will not do anything if it does get the info.

Well that didn’t take long. The intelligence committee should get a subpoena so it can review the damn transcript behind closed doors. That’s what they are there to do. Gang of eight if need be. There has to be some form of oversight by Congress otherwise what the fuck…

Also…can anyone think of a time when these tRump fuckers ever released a transcript of anything to date? I can’t. Shit, we can’t even see the Orange Puke’s fucking tax returns, which he promised he’d show everyone years ago. So many juvenile games. It’s like dealing with whiny toddlers that have gone too long without a nap.

images-1

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available