Trump Official At Center Of Census Imbroglio Departs Justice Department | Talking Points Memo

Justice Department official John Gore — a Trump-appointee who played a pivotal role in the administration’s failed attempt to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census — is departing the administration Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241608
1 Like

A person familiar with the circumstances of Gore’s exit told TPM that it was “long planned”

It was a smash-and-grab job. Gore’s exit was planned, all right: it’s called a getaway.

And I really hope the ACLU nails this villain’s ass to the wall and gets him disbarred.

26 Likes

Spending more time with his family, no doubt. My heart goes out to them.

9 Likes

Nope. Sorry. You don’t get to just slink away!

May Trump’s stain follow you all your days.

10 Likes

A person familiar with the circumstances of Gore’s exit told TPM that it was “long planned” that he would leave this summer and that the departure “had nothing to do with the census litigation.”

“Now, don’t you worry about ol’ Gore-Gore,” the official continued, “He’s going to live with a nice family, on a farm in the country, where he can run and jump and play all day. After he’s gone, we can all go out together, and pick a brand new Justice Department official.”

22 Likes

The professionals are leaving, the rats are leaving. All that will be left is the orange, rotten fish.

5 Likes

Trump’s not so hot on Jones-Day since his falling out with McGahn, but I’m sure Kirkland & Ellis can send somebody over.

6 Likes

“John Gore — a Trump-appointee who played a pivotal role in the administration’s failed attempt to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census …”

“… Gore’s record at Jones Day, where he defended a voter purge in Florida that was ultimately ruled illegal by the courts.”

The guy doesn’t seem to be very good at the whole voter suppression thing.

Perhaps he should try something else.

Torts, Tax Law, Divorces?

16 Likes

Completely voluntary is defined as:

Dragged kicking and screaming, “What the fa? I was doing just what Mein furHair ordered! Just like that guy who dropped that 11 year old on his head.”

4 Likes

At least we won’t be paying for his lies anymore.

Accused criminals will do so!

2 Likes

Better headline: Immoral Scumbag Lawyer Crawls Back Into The Hole He Came From

8 Likes

A person familiar with the circumstances of Gore’s exit told TPM that it was “long planned”…

Oh, beotch, please!

“We knew that dommyluc had embezzled $785,000 from the company retirement fund but we didn’t fire him for 10 1/2 months because we had this, like, REALLY intense game of Jenga going on.”

10 Likes

The “revolving door between big corporate law firms and the administration” is identical to the revolving door in a grocery store, and big corporate lawyers are flying through those doors because their clients are champing at the bit to transact some black-market power purchases.

These big corporate lawyers are precisely the same people who think all’s well as long as their myopic clients get their every wish, and everyone else be damned.

8 Likes

A bit of background TPM missed…

Gore came from the mega-firm Jones Day. So did Don McGahn. J-D has raked in millions from the RNC and Trump 2020.

Some of the J-D lawyers working for Trump used to represent Freedom Partners, a Koch Brothers group. Through them, the Kochs passed along to Trump all the environmental regs they wanted killed, including pulling out of the Paris accord. Trump also hired several Freedom Partners people to gut the EPA.

19 Likes

Another one:

3 Likes

A person familiar with the circumstances of Gore’s exit told TPM that it was “long planned” that he would leave this summer and that the departure “had nothing to do with the census litigation.”

Sounds like Tukkker Carlson long planned vacations…

4 Likes

My humble addition.

2 Likes

Personal Injury, I hear those guys make a killing.

2 Likes

This is the guy Shakespeare had in mind when he wrote the lines “The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.”

3 Likes

So, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t knowingly lying to a court and failure to provide evidence the type of thing that gets a lawyer disbarred?? And yet, Jones Day is bringing him back as a partner??? Seriously? This says to me that what once had been a formidable law firm is now nothing but a coven of hacks and criminals. Their work should be viewed with suspicion; their employees and partners should not be considered for posts in public service.

11 Likes