Trump Names Hugh Hewitt Buddy, Biz Associate As New National Security Adviser | Talking Points Memo

Does mostly dead, but not truly dead count? I believe I read that O’Brien brokered Otto Warmbier’s release, which also means did O’Brien pay Kim to release Otto?

8 Likes

No, the other candidates were OK with the ring. It was that other kiss request they couldn’t stomach.

5 Likes

In what way is this creature qualified to be the NSA?

Because he’s a lawyer?

Because he’s suck buddy with Hewitt?

Because he was on teevee?

Jeebus. I’m thinking Trump is more like Wormtongue after getting exposed, only stupider.

4 Likes

Hewitt is a joke. He would be a pretzel if he had enough salt.

3 Likes

My instincts suggest there was something shady with the Saudi oil strike.
I don’t think Bolton was on board with whatever it was.
One does not lose ten percent of of the global oil supply overnight and have oil prices stabilize within a day.

8 Likes

All because some people were paying more attention to some emails than the road…

4 Likes

The pair’s friendship extends back years. O’Brien also appears to have benefitted from Hewitt’s praise for their shared, hawkish foreign policy views, while appearing on the conservative talking head’s show dozens of times over the years.

#Donaldthedove

2 Likes

Don’t discount the lack of a mustache.

5 Likes

Wow, it took the most disgusting, corrupt, illegitimate mafioso administration in recent history for Hugh to reach what he might perceive as relevance! (Considering his career as a lightweight, precious and dehydrated presence in the right wing media).

6 Likes

I’ve learned to watch for Hewett’s byline before reading an op ed in the Washington Post - his ‘command’ of facts and logic are fine for trump worshipers, but I find his columns either irritating or embarrassing (for the Post - since they publish such drivel for the sake of being ‘fair & balanced)

8 Likes

A friend of a right wing blabber mouth gets the National Security Advisor position. This is the state of today’s Trump GOP.

3 Likes

OT: Lindsey is falling out of favor? And exactly what dastardly things is Trump talking about?

3 Likes

Meth lab. It has to be a meth lab.

4 Likes

He was first nominated by W. He served in the State Dept under Obama. He was a consultant for both Romney and Scott Walker.

With that pedigree, he won’t last 3 months under Trump in this position.

2 Likes

Hugh Hewitt is the Mark Levin of Michael Savages.

4 Likes

I would’ve said Hugh Hewitt is the Morton Downey Jr. of Wally Georges.

But, hey…tomayto, tomahto.

(G-d, I’m old.)

1 Like

And an idiot, oh wait you already said that!

1 Like

Jesus we’re going to be damn lucky if we make it through this presidency as a country!

2 Likes

“Acting” National Security Advisor.

3 Likes

All of the above.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available