Trump Names Hugh Hewitt Buddy, Biz Associate As New National Security Adviser | Talking Points Memo

President Trump’s new national security adviser had a big booster before he entered government: his longtime friend conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1249330

The head of Nat. Sec.'s a regular on Hewitt?

The dam’s got another big leak, folks.

14 Likes

Hugh Hewitt is a Trump cultist.

7 Likes

He called Bolton: “the best lawyer foreign policy hand in America in either party on the other side.”
Nuff said.

ETA: Plus he looks like pence with a pinch of pigment.

7 Likes

He’s as qualified as some high school boy.

6 Likes

It was much more unctuous in the original Sycophant

“And it’s a very impressive skill set that he brings to the national security advisor position, and is going to serve the President well.”

7 Likes

…and vice versa

1 Like

You are kidding.

2 Likes

Loyalty above country, loyalty above party, loyalty above ethics, morality and legality, loyalty solely to a big, fat, corrupt orange mess!

3 Likes

Well now, why are we not surprised? What a colossal free-floating shitshow! I guess Chachi wasn’t available

I know where I’d push him.

7 Likes

Oh for f’cks sake…

Obviously had no other candidates who were willing to kiss his ring.

3 Likes

I don’t believe that there is anyone called Hugh Hewitt. He’s a character in Batman–the somewhat shady city councilman, who may be allied with the Joker.

10 Likes

“Trump’s new national security adviser had a big booster before he entered government: his longtime friend conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt.”

It’s as if a clown car crashed into a dumpster fire.

Then careened into a sewage truck.

And smashed through the window of a methadone clinic.

17 Likes

I think I saw that on America’s Got Talent.

4 Likes

Strange.

Reports said that Bolton was fired because he was too hawkish on Iran, and/or because Trump disliked that Bolton was running his own little cabal inside the Executive.

It sounds like O’Brien is another hawk. So, why would Trump find that appealing?

Perhaps the difference is that O’Brien is still “hungry” and thus willing to bend over backwards – or, as Josh suggested:

After a lot of chaos and firings, Trump works his way to a non-entity who will simply allow him to do the job himself.

Or, as Bertrand suggests, this was Pompeo and Kushner leading Trump around like a trained animal. Just like everyone else.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Start looking for the grift angle.

5 Likes

Now remind me. Aside from A$AP, how many hostages did he get back alive?

7 Likes

Saudis, gotta be.

5 Likes

Well, there were those GOP senators who may have needed assistance departing Moscow.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available