Trump Muses About Disciplinary Action Against Ousted NSC Official Who Testified Against Him | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he expected the military to consider disciplinary action against Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the ousted National Security Council official who testified in the House impeachment inquiry into Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1290716
1 Like

The purge of ‘enemies’ is begun.

The non-chastened, unrepentant Emperor is enraged. He will exact his pound(s) of flesh come hell or high water.

En garde, America.

21 Likes

“Trump on Tuesday said he expected the military to consider disciplinary action against Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the ousted National Security Council official who testified in the House impeachment inquiry into Trump.”

And his “crime”?

Obeying a lawful subpoena from Congress.

55 Likes

“That’s going to be up to the military, we’ll have to see,” Trump told a reporter who asked if he thought the military should take disciplinary action against Vindman.

Seems like a strange question from the reporter. Other than in the sick mind of the orange menace, why would anyone think there is any reason for the military to take disciplinary action?

19 Likes

Anyone heard from Collins?

Not sure trump learned any lessons besides the one where he could take a machine gun out on fifth avenue and mow down tourists at will.

20 Likes

telling an inconvenient truth to the face of a corrupt enterprise

20 Likes

Individual 1’s incoherent musings are evidently taken by all as a direct order now. So, I am sorry the system failed you, Lt Col Vindman. You did a great and brave thing, but best get your affairs in order.

5 Likes

Mitch Promised Me?

15 Likes

"

"Asha Rangappa :heavy_check_mark: @AshaRangappa_
](https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_)

I have really tried to have, and encourage others to have, faith in the resiliency of our institutions. But today I just feel so much sadness – grief, really – over what is happening. There is a cancer in the White House, and it has spread to the Justice Department."

“It remains unclear who exactly gave the order for prosecutors to reduce Stone’s sentencing recommendation. But it comes around the same time as Trump issued an angry tweet complaining that Stone was being treated unfairly.”

25 Likes

The GOP’s modus operandi is basically to hide under their desks hoping that something is going to fall out of the sky to save them

8 Likes

And wearing his uniform instead of khaki pants, a Polo shirt and a MAGA hat…

15 Likes

But of course the military would not allow the President to interfere with their justice process…

Poor Vindman, he is going to be declared enemy combatant and sent to be tortured in Guantanamo.

4 Likes

And the subversion of the military continues. First the SEAL case, now this.

Sen. Graham, your move.

9 Likes

“What he did was, he reported a false call.” Sounds like Trump is calling for disciplinary action based on Vindman’s false testimony. C’mon, Army Chief of Staff Gen McConville, do as your Commander-in-Chief suggests. Open an investigation, call witnesses. I believe that John Bolton and Mick Mulvaney have relevant testimony.

14 Likes

A machine gun? I was anticipating a flame thrower.

4 Likes

You want him to declare Trump God or something? Because the man has already invested too much on the Pestilent to walk it back.

Besides there is probably some Epstein type guy that specializes in young boys that has something on Graham.

13 Likes

Is it time to start trending #mittenswasright?

12 Likes

I know what the military will do with Vindman.
45* isn’t going to like it.

14 Likes

Well, since the test question has always been about whether he could shoot someone on fifth avenue, not burn someone to death… Lemme check with my buddy MoscowMitch…

Yup, he’s good to go.

10 Likes

Gen McConville, is going to do what his CiC wants and Lt. Col. Vidman is going to be harassed out the army, twin brother too.

2 Likes