Trump Lawyers Flood Zone With Increasingly Bizarre Conspiracy Theories About Election | Talking Points Memo

They’re not sending their best.

In a 90-minute, off-the-walls press conference Thursday, three attorneys for the Trump campaign used a tactic that former Trump campaign chairman Steve Bannon once called “flooding the zone with shit,” throwing wild accusations at the wall and hectoring the media for not amplifying their nonsense even more.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345646

SMDH.

Losing my sense of humor. This is getting dead serious because half the country is in la-la land.

75 Likes

Redact the names Rudi. Show us the evidence or we won’t believe you. You ain’t gonna slide anything past us.

14 Likes

All of them are gonna end up with Covid-19. It’s just a matter of time.

9 Likes

He’s goT eviDence snD He caNNot shoW you becaUSe thE courtS don’t like shaRing evidencE. It wiLL be under seaL and NoBody wiLL ever see IT. But it does Exist.

26 Likes

That beautiful picture of Rudy should now be the default one used in any story about him.

Fevered swamp, indeed! He’s got the fever! And it shows!

19 Likes

Any chance Barr gets the DOJ in on this?

5 Likes

Let’s cut to the chase. The GOP message is that the election was rigged because Black people got to vote, or their votes were counted as full votes and not as 3/5 of a vote.

30 Likes

It is getting harder and harder by the minute to maintain the attitude that I wish ill on no one.

22 Likes

“The press conference, held in a crowded room at the Republican Party’s headquarters in Washington…”

Were all the landscaping-company parking lots booked?

17 Likes
13 Likes

I get that. Me too.

3 Likes

Prove this shit in court otherwise SHUT THE HELL UP!

7 Likes

Thought experiment: Trump wins the electoral college somehow, despite the current vote tally being 79,585,592 votes for Biden and 73,647,168 votes for Trump, a difference of 5,938,424 votes. How does he govern, given that there are at present 257,247 U.S. covid deaths, that he has tried so hard to suppress the vote in major metropolitan areas, and that he as acted like the worlds largest boob for lo these many years?

7 Likes

You have that much energy to waste? I was over them a long time ago.

10 Likes

At one point Rudy claimed the conspiracy was centralized going all the way to the top and implied Biden must be in charge and calling the shots.

Then, soon after, the entire team laughed at the thought of Jocelyn Benson, Michigan’s secretary of state’s credibility, nodding in agreement as Rudy requested journalists to “follow the money.”

At that point it stopped being entertainment for me and the outrage took over.

16 Likes

I find it fascinating that that specific ratio, .75 vote for Trump, 1.25 vote for Biden, works out mathematically to 3:5. Seems familiar, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

26 Likes

The expressions of the people behind him are a treat. None of them appear to be buying whatever Rudy’s selling.

8 Likes

You are right. If it IS just a matter of time, let time get a move on.

If they want to talk about how much votes count in relation to others, can we talk about how a vote in Montana is worth several times more than my vote in Massachusetts?

24 Likes