Trump Is Souring On Kari Lake

The Washington Post published a new story Monday revealing that Donald Trump has all but ruled out choosing Arizona Senate candidate and election denier Kari Lake as his running mate, despite months of speculation that she may be one of his top choices for VP. And his reason for souring on the loyal MAGA extremist is about as Trumpian as it gets.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1487628

Per 538
Ruben Gallego is at 39%
Kari Lake st 34%
Not looking good
I’m surprised Lake is polling that high

Frist w/o access to critter pics as I am at a doctor’s office for an appt

41 Likes

When you’re a crime boss that’s the kiss of death all right; both ways.

Take the Cannoli

45 Likes

Trump doesn’t like his women to wear more makeup than he does.

37 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before she wakes up to find Kristi Noem’s head in her bed.

67 Likes

He is complaining she is kissing his ass too much?

20 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a dead puppy in her bed? From Noem?

11 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a dead puppy in her bed? From Noem?

Or a goat or even a horse’s head as she’s killed 3 so far
I suspect the Secret Service is nervous about Noem’s gun happy antics

12 Likes

Na, it’s because she’s looking to be a loser:

15 Likes

Donald Trump is good at one thing, politics. The question is would Kari Lake as Trump’s VP choice help Trump win Arizona or gain him votes anywhere else. If not, and I believe the answer is NOT, picking Lake would be bad politics.

If Trump were to pick Lake and win, assuming Lake also won the Senate seat, the Arizona governor, a Democrat, would get to name Lake’s replacement.

That is for lots of reasons, picking Lake as his VP, unless doing so would help Trump win Arizona which is very much in doubt, would be a dumb choice.

And that is why Trump was never going to pick Kari Lake to be his running mate, it is bad at the one thing Trump is good at, politics.

14 Likes

Trump was not about to pick anyone who would compete with him for media attention. At Mar a Lago yet.

10 Likes

So high profile sycophants get to hang at Mar A Lago for free? Or is she just burning campaign cash to be near the great one?

15 Likes

She was always a preposterous person but it seems so obviously so that even an idiot like Trump can see she aint shit. Think about it. Look at her antics up to this point and contemplate the fact she thought flip flopping, toadyism and bogus image bullshit actually would work for her. This is not a bright person and certainly one with near zero political instincts. If Trump can see you for what you ( and not like it ) you might as well tattoo “full of shit” on your forehead.

11 Likes

Lake is out because she’s too much of a sycophant? I confess, I did not see that coming

8 Likes

Or have shorter hair.

Safe to say he’s got a type, and she ain’t it. Daffy Duck lips, longer hair, at least 75% plastic.

18 Likes

Trump’s allegiances are fleeting, but people still believe they’ll be the exception. Fools.

ETTD.

19 Likes

Good grief. Three law enforcement officers were killed in Charlotte. The suspect is dead. WTF?

11 Likes

Has the corporate media blamed the shootings on Biden yet? Is it too early to talk about common sense gun control measures in this country.

I’m not trying to be callous, and I do feel for the family and loved ones of those who died, but the cult will try to hang this on Biden’s neck somehow, just because.

10 Likes

A puppy’s head makes sense but we’re talking Godfather here and it can’t be tinkered with, or may I say disrespected. You understand?

6 Likes

No he is afraid that she will drag him down on the general election.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available