Trump Involved In Key Call In The Late Stages Of Ukraine Pressure Campaign | Talking Points Memo

A key call between President Trump and a U.S. ambassador involved in the Ukraine pressure campaign was revealed Monday evening, just before the diplomat was blocked from speaking to Congress about the endeavor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1254542

So, nothing to see here. Trump merely told Sondland that he was totally mistaken, Trump would never have held up military aid in exchange for favors, and Sondland just passed that back to his folks, with apologies for having misled them…

40 Likes

Gordon D. Sondland (born 1957)[1] is the United States Ambassador to the European Union.[2] He is also the founder and chairman of Provenance Hotels, co-founder of the merchant bank Aspen Capital. He was a major donor to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

No never. For sure. If Sondland says so especially.

17 Likes

Trump spoke to Sondland directly. Adam Schiff has these guys nailed on this particular smoking gun. Now that the fact of the Trump-Sondland discussion(s) has come out, the detail should follow in some additional leaks.

49 Likes

He’s in over his head. Or knee-deep in cement. Or both.

18 Likes

“What exactly Trump said on his call to Sondland and whether the President was aware of the effort to contain the damage already done by his Ukraine-related conduct, are unanswered questions.”

28 Likes

I thought we already knew this but, maybe it was just speculation that he talked to the WH/Trump in those 5 hours.

I did learn on MSNBC that the “S” in that text from Sondland refers to Pompeo.

So Trump and Pompeo are in deep, deep shit

36 Likes

I wish George Carlin were alive. He would appreciate the valiant work The Resistance has been doing to check this monster.

“Details at Eleven”

15 Likes

Trump… “I will absolutely release any information, it will prove I am completely innocent… uhh… unless something shows I am guilty.

Then the deep state fakers trying to overthrow me can’t have anything!! I am above the law and constitution biatches!“

8 Likes

Conspiracy.

31 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ 'bout. People don’t fucking wait 4+ hours to respond to an alarming text that they supposedly think is a dangerous lie, and then suddenly do so with shit that might as well have come out of their lawyer’s mouth.

Well, unless, you know, it’s shit coming out of their lawyer’s mouth because they took a detour to talk to them first.

30 Likes

Sondland is doing the Spy Thang

• Foreign Intrigue
  • Criminals Lurking Around
  • Lies being told

And then there’s Zelensky and the Ukrainians

11 Likes

No, not until the dots are connected. It’s complicated but let me give it a shot.

:black_circle:-----------------------------------:black_circle:

Huh, turns out it wasn’t so hard afterall.

39 Likes

“Once you open a can of worms, the only way to get them back in is to get a larger can”…

…like maybe the size of a large cell block.

15 Likes

Time difference. 6 hours between here and Central Europe, if the last text was around noon, would have only been 6 am in D.C., way too early to wake Trump…

8 Likes

It’s hard to drain a swamp when you’ve gathered so much swampiness in one place that is in danger of collapsing into a swamp black hole.

7 Likes

10:1 Mulvaney, on Trump’s request, wrote Sondland’s “no quid pro quo”response to Taylor.

20 Likes

Dear Leader could have been out for an early Egg McMuffin.

8 Likes

Corrupt Washington Swamp, We Hardly Knew Ye

7 Likes

Wouldn’t he already have been awake tweeting.

18 Likes