Trump In ‘Really Good Mood’ As Impeachment Managers Showed Disturbing New Insurrection Footage

Ex-President Donald Trump wasn’t phased at all as the House impeachment managers at the Senate trial on Wednesday presented shocking, previously unseen video footage of the pro-Trump mob attacking the Capitol last month, according to Jason Miller, the former president’s top adviser.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1359487

I’ll call Bullshit on this.

53 Likes

should be “fazed” not “phased” in first sentence

18 Likes

I can believe the story.

Trump wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and apparently, the ringleader of every coup.

41 Likes

Well, we know he’s inhuman, but he also has a very fragile ego, so not sure of the validity of this news report.

8 Likes

Of course he was happy to see all those people on the videos yelling “Fight for Trump!” What malignant narcissist wouldn’t love that?

34 Likes

Could well be bullshit. There are so many strategic (or “strategery”) leaks out of Mar-a-Shithole–as there were from the POTUS 45 WW–that it’s impossible to parse what’s factual and what’s fantasy.

But, it could also be true that the cognitively-deteriorating wannabe Mafia Don actually did enjoy watching the CCTV footage, as if it were Shark Week.

31 Likes

I hear that all the sharks enjoy watching Shark Week…

14 Likes

I doubt he’d be in a “really good mood” being reminded that his coup failed.

8 Likes

Sounds a little too much like a plant story to contrast with the previous day.

25 Likes

Not super surprising. Ex-president whatshisname doesn’t seem like much of a strategy guy. More like a remorseless psychopath.

Like Henry Hill describes Jimmy in Goodfellas: He’d go to the movies and root for the bad guy.

10 Likes

Fazed, not phased, goddamit.

6 Likes

I totally get this. Watching police getting wailed on by hockey sticks and metal poles is almost as good as Christmas morning.

Almost every other voting adult you meet in your day to day life is a despicable human being.
Math proves it.

18 Likes

I’m sure he enjoyed the hell out of it.

8 Likes

This is a news story? Honestly I often feel like TPM is sending up some of these ‘stories’ as click bait just to make us more annoyed and pissed off. I don’t like it, not cool.

5 Likes

Actually, I think this is accurate, and damning. Trump is simply happy to see what he managed to do, what the crowd he incited did, he’s happy and in a good mood to see people scared. He sees himself as very successful in inciting the riots. For him, it was all good, he thinks it was his right, and he would happily do it all over again.THat’s why if the coward republicans will not vote to impeach, they will have no excuse: Miller told them exactly what is in Trump’s mind

29 Likes

“I love seeing those weaklings Pence, Rubio, and other losers cowering in fear at my fans”, Trump said with a smirk. “I only wish I can do it again”, he added to Jason Miller with a sneer.

11 Likes

OT but I have been anticipating this for a while:

This could force McConnell into a decision – stay with the Q-Wing of the party or abandon Trump and try to save the “old” GOP. Perhaps he got wind of this which is why he’s still floating via surrogates that he might just vote for convication.

Be interesting over the next few days, if this gets more coverage.

38 Likes

Fox News Bails on Harrowing Impeachment Trial Video for the Inane Ramblings of ‘The Five’ (msn.com)

9 Likes

And all because his daddy treated him like the sissy he always was, and is.

3 Likes