Trump II's Unique Dual Threat To Military AND Civilian Life

Originally published at: Trump II’s Unique Dual Threat To Military AND Civilian Life - TPM – Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Trump’s Military-Fantasy Complex In a series of three posts over the past month, TPM’s Josh Kovensky has been unpacking the many disturbing elements of the emerging Trump II plan to harness the military for its…

Good morning! FIRST!!! MM is super early this morning. (I had to double-check to make sure it was the MM and not last evening’s wrap-up.) Ha!

Apparently TFG never had a set of plastic army men to play with as a kid. Can’t we just give him a set that he can play with so he can just go away?

In all seriousness, aren’t members of the military sworn to only obey lawful orders? Wouldn’t there be a serious resistance to orders issued by a bigoted lunatic?

88 Likes

Cadet Bone Spurs, aka “Stinky,” aka “Moose-Oh-Leenie” is a clear and present danger. How anyone could vote for him and call themselves a patriotic American is a riddle to me. I know, I know!

44 Likes

Good morning to you as well

85 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Hey Byron Donalds, how do you like your “friends” now?

44 Likes

One would hope that to be the case, but the military has many MAGAts and I worry whether or not they would resist.

17 Likes

The way they put it in the Beast msde me laugh…….

He is the first mayor to be criminally charged in the city’s history while still in office.

44 Likes

Remember Trump’s idea of the military comes from his schooling at a Military prep school which is not the same of the real thing, which he avoided like the plague.
Not to mention having the Kremlin write your policies, the ideas within will be dangerous yet nonsensical.

39 Likes

Apparently Clay Higgins took down his post partly because, according to Speaker Johnson, he “prayed about it.”

Johnson: He “prayed about it, he regretted it, and he pulled the post down.”

I have other prayers. They as yet go unanswered.

89 Likes

Fatso wants retribution; I think he is going to get it, just not in the way he thinks.

26 Likes

Higgins is an execrable but non-excretable POS

25 Likes

Especially when he posts them on Truth Social in the original Cyrillic.

26 Likes

Hello sunshine, morning briefing is out early this morning.

Now,as Brian Beutler points out, I don’t know that the GOP is an actual Nazi party, but we can say that Nazi’s sure love the GOP for some reason.

Now why would that be?/s

54 Likes

The Supreme Court’s presidential immunity decree, combined with its allowing Missouri to execute a person whom even the prosecution says was not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, is a signal to Trump or any other potential American despot:

You can round up your political enemies and kill them, and we won’t raise any legal objection.

49 Likes

This gives me some hope, especially when you compare TPUSA’s numbers to those reported by the Harris campaign.

32 Likes

Dangers of texting while drunk. No inhibitions.

10 Likes

Sarah Beth Clendaniel, 36, was sentenced to 18 years in prison for conspiring to attack the power grid around Baltimore in a to accelerate social and political collapse.

I recently attended election judge training in Maryland and, independent of this article, realized how fully and completely our election system and polling places rely upon a stable supply of electricity to carry out their function. A conspiracy to attack the power grid in Democratic vote-heavy urban areas on Election Day could disenfranchise millions of Harris/Walz voters.

66 Likes

The military, all branches, is suffused with evangelical Christians. People are being fast tracked for leadership based on their religious beliefs, and key leaders are using the captive audience in their underlings to evangelize Christianity.

They are telling the soldiers that they are in a religious war, and they are slow-rolling anyone who doesn’t buy in.

23 Likes

Good grief. Racists, pedophiles, nazis and the delusional Jewish space laser types. And this ragtag collection of vile parasites has 46% of the US electorate locked up? PT Barnum wasn’t cynical enough for this parade of deplorables.

48 Likes