Trump: I Wouldn’t Have Handled Coronavirus Any Better Even Without Impeachment

On Tuesday night, President Donald Trump said he wouldn’t have acted more swiftly in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic even if he hadn’t been impeached, blowing up Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s defense of him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300933
1 Like

70 Likes

“I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached, okay?” Trump said.

I believe you for change, but no, it’s not OK.

49 Likes

Right, you would have fucked it up, no matter what.

57 Likes

“Did it divert my attention? I think I’m getting A pluses for the way I handled myself during a phony impeachment,” Trump said during his daily press briefing on the coronavirus.

And today, April 1, 2020, is the day when we commemorate the infamy of Dotard T rumpp.

22 Likes

That is very dark. No judgement however.

15 Likes

Now that is a stable jenius.

12 Likes

Maybe a little worse, but definately not better.

5 Likes

Why is the Dotard so fuckin’ immersed in what he “inherited”? Is it because he’s never accomplished anything on his own?

38 Likes

I think the better question would be:

Would we be doing better if tRump had been removed?

I think the answer is obvious

23 Likes

Classic Trump-speak…

Something that is true, sounds vaguely positive but if you parse it properly with the full context, it becomes a screaming indictment of his mendacious ineptitude…

He does this very well and the “poorly educated” and mis-informed fall for it like suckers every time…

28 Likes

Holy shit even Trump realizes it real. Limbaugh must want to take a lot of folk out with him when he goes.

23 Likes

There is no truth to the rumor that the Dotard is pushing to rename April Fool’s Day to Trump Voter Appreciation Day…

34 Likes

I got nothin’
There is no snark that is snarky enough for that blot on western civilization

18 Likes

I am sill at the furious stage because this crisis could have been contained or mitigated with a competent administration that had a game plan for a pandemic. The way he treated Puerto Rico after its natural disaster was a foreshadowing of what we are experiencing now.

45 Likes

LIBTARD! He started with a paltry/measly $400 Million he inherited from his father, and through his own business smarts, and his geniosity, he turned that into a humongous fortune of about $50-$100 Million. And his business bankruptcies may be among the most caused by any single business “owner” – EVER! So suck on it, you anti-Russian libtards!

22 Likes

A post of mine from another thread:

["He’s taunting us.

Barr
McConnell
Roberts

fixed it that he cannot be removed from Office…and with the above three people in the govt., Trump believes that he’s got 7 months to play with some ways to get 270 electoral votes (by crook or crook).

That is in his mind. But we have minds too, and we must stop letting this monster get inside our heads.

The first thing to do to stop this is to not carry these Trump Rallies disguised as “briefings”

Maybe, with 4 X as many cases as today, the magnitude of the incompetence will finally get leaders of Established Social Institutions to finally Pull the Plug."]

If the virus rages to the extent projected, Trump’s Rallies (press briefings") will take a different turn:

They will increasingly be near-psychotic-detached-from-reality boasts.

23 Likes

Except this time we could have actually used the paper towels

32 Likes

He can take all his listeners with him, and sponsors too. Better world afterwards.

11 Likes

I grasp Trump’s malfunction, but his scaling up still stuns me. It is like he has an imploding hemorrhoid for a brain.

13 Likes