Trump: I’d ‘Love’ For Pompeo, Mulvaney, Perry To Testify But It’d Be A ‘National Security Problem’

President Donald Trump claimed on Wednesday that he would “love” for the top officials involved his Ukraine scheme to testify in the Senate impeachment trial, but doing so would pose a “national security problem.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1286038

What a crock of shit… tRump wants to be acquitted before the SOTU so he can stand up there and gloat.

25 Likes

“You don’t like people testifying when they didn’t leave on good terms,” Trump said.

There’s a good legal justification. It’s probably why spouses involved in a nasty divorce are not permitted to testify at a child custody hearing.

Oh, wait…

42 Likes

Dementia 101.

8 Likes

16 Likes

Semi-O/T…

Horseshit. What a fucking idiot.

13 Likes

Yeah, the cheeto would have orange drawers after he shyt’em.

5 Likes

Most. Full of Shit. President. Ever.

21 Likes

The Carney ALWAYS thinks he’s sharper than the mark.

Fucking Grifting State Fair Hustler.

In this case, he’s got the Cult…and the rest of us who are on to him, he thinks he can keep from voting.

31 Likes

So… the United States Senate can’t be trusted with matters of national security? Is that what Trump is implying? I hope Schiff finds a way to use this statement in his argument today.

46 Likes

Oh, I think we could ask these people a lot of questions and get a lot of information about Trump’s corruption and criminality (if they testify truthfully) without getting into sources and methods or other national security concerns. And the withheld documents could also be produced with minimal redaction.

I’m sure the Republicans in the Senate agree and will promptly get those subpoenas issued.

ETA: Do it for the president. He wants them to testify. Give him a fair trial.

22 Likes

Look at little Donny hide.

9 Likes

Perhaps a good question to ask Bolton right off the bat is “Why did you not leave on good terms?”

That would be interesting.

30 Likes

You are a liar, pure and simple. You STOPPED them from testifying. You stopped ANYBODY you could from testifying and then whined about not being ALLOWED to bring a defense. You held up requests in court. You insulted, smeared, denigrated and sniveled. You are everything that is bad for our democracy.

43 Likes

National Security did not help Nixon. And, in terms of National Security, Nixon is to Trump as Einstein is to a geranium.

23 Likes

“If you think about it…"

“If you look at it…”

Two of Trump’s big tells that: a) he’s lying, b) he has no fucking idea what he’s talking about.

30 Likes

What happens if Lev Parnas’s lawyers call Bolton or Barr to testify in his criminal trial? Will they have to or can they claim something like exec priv?

10 Likes

Our National Security Problem is that we don’t know the depth and breadth of Donald J. Trump as a National Security Problem.

42 Likes

Criminals across America are calling for their trials to be conducted by McConnell rules. “I’d love to have the eyewitness to the murder testify to absolve me, but that would compromise sensitive police sources and methods.”

22 Likes

So he’s saying that these officials have no idea what they’re not supposed to say and would leak national security info? Or is he afraid of being exposed as the real national security threat?

21 Likes