Trump Holds Press Conference As Senate GOP All But Clinches Votes For SCOTUS Pick | Talking Points Memo

President Trump is scheduled to hold a press conference at the White House at 6 p.m. ET. The presser comes after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) essentially secured enough votes earlier this week to proceed with his controversial move to fill the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1333833

25 Likes

Brazen and wrong-headed. Countervailing power always exists even at the farthest end of the pendulum swing. Indeed, it even exists if you break the pendulum.

12 Likes

The RethugliCON senators commitment to confirm a SCOTUS nominee who has yet to be named is an absolute fraud, a dereliction of duty, and criminal malfeasance of the highest degree. Where is their responsibility to faithfully follow their oath to give advice and consent to a properly presented nomination to the highest court in the land? This is absolutely corrupt, as is everything else relate to Trump and his mob.

38 Likes

Absolutely corrupt and for days he’s been openly telling us just how corrupt he expects it to be by telling us that he’s going there to nail down the election for himself.

The SCOTUS has its marching orders. Let’s see how they like jumping through the hoops Trump gives them to jump through. I think we change out those robes for clown suits.

38 Likes

And he lumbers in.

2 Likes

Neither CNN nor MSNBC are carrying it.

11 Likes

He is hyping vaccines and operation warp speed.

4 Likes

Because they’re waiting for Louisville to be set on fire.

And with the way the cops are already beating and arresting peaceful protesters in broad daylight, they’re likely to get it.

20 Likes

He is touting current survival rates and yet 200,000 Americans are dead.

12 Likes

Yes, since so few schools are actually open, it’s great to quote student/teacher numbers!

10 Likes

Yeah I thought yesterday it was “Come see us when it’s 2 million.”

3 Likes

Flu vaccinations are up 50%? Where did that come from?

6 Likes

Very monotonous tone and now claiming we are rounding the turn.

6 Likes

What the fuck does it have to do with him?

7 Likes

He is adlibbing about the Flu.

2 Likes

No idea. But then again, does anything he says have to do with anything else?

4 Likes

You’re right - I don’t know what I was thinking.

9 Likes

Greatest economic recovery in history?

3 Likes

He is talking about the economy and throwing around retail sales stats and other indicators claiming it’s all good. It is a bit at odds with what our financial advisor told us yesterday.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available