Trump ‘Hasn’t Told Me Not To’: Giuliani Still Sniffing Around For Biden Dirt | Talking Points Memo

Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani acknowledged Tuesday that he’s still sniffing around for “more information” on Joe Biden in Ukraine, even as the Senate approaches its vote to acquit President Trump in his impeachment trial.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1289094

Just in time for the SOTU.

12 Likes

the hunt for dirt

Try Russia. Lots there on Fat Donald.

10 Likes

I don’t think that Rudy is the only one sniffing, IYKWIM…

4 Likes

This one should be interesting… Especially after that clip of him at his super bowl party made the rounds… He’s clearly so deep into dementia at this point.

27 Likes

Proving yet once again that Joe Biden absolutely terrifies Donnie election-wise, as the one to beat him like a rented mule.

Maybe they have Eric looking into Bernie and Liz?

5 Likes

Someone should pass this on to the Military Times.

11 Likes

For a guy who has been a lawyer for a long time, Rudy has a very, very distorted idea of what constitutes a privileged communication.

No, Rudy, there would be nothing privileged about any communications between you — a private citizen with no official role in the government — and the Justice Department or any other federal entity. There’s barely a privilege between you and your alleged client, because (a) you both talk so much you’ve waived any privilege that might exist about many things and (b) there’s no privilege for communications with respect to criminal or fraudulent conduct, which is pretty much all of your and Donnie’s conduct.

17 Likes

“He hasn’t told me not to do it,” the former New York City mayor said.

He talks like a child. Can they get group rates on dementia workups?

23 Likes

And I’m willing to bet he has told you to look for dirt.

3 Likes

I would not be surprised to see this headline:

“Trump taken to sanitarium. Breakdown feared. Seen babbling to staff for six hours straight.”

and then cries of varying versions of “We are Doomed.”

7 Likes

Giuliani eats off of room service trays left in hotel hallways.

9 Likes

He hasn’t told me not to do it,” the former New York City mayor said.

Giuliani said separately in the interview, referring to Trump investigating Biden, “I would have no problem with him doing it.”

“In fact, I’d have a problem with him not doing it,” Giuliani said. “I think he would be saying that Joe Biden can get away with selling out the United States, making us a fool in the Ukraine.”

16 Likes

Naw, his breakdown happened a while ago. That’s why he’s ensconced away from public view most of the time. They just occasionally heavily medicate him to allow for short public appearances.

The video from his private party is great evidence of that. When on lesser doses within the “private” and controlled environment, he’s off the chain.

12 Likes

Release the Kraken!!!

LOL

2 Likes

Somebody should tell Murk that frowning does not make you any less certain to go down as one of the 53 most corrupt and treasonous U.S. Senators in American Political History.

10 Likes

Rudy has a note he reads before every Fox interview.

Bill Barr heads the Department of Justice, not the Justice League.
6 Likes

I would LOVE to let my five-year-old granddaughter debate him (they are the same age).

She would MOP the floor with him. In German, too.

5 Likes

Well… There were still those in the confederacy which can give these ones a run for their money (but not by much).

3 Likes

Everyone knows that if the pResident does it, it’s proper.

Expect to see NASCAR events full of this from now on.

6 Likes