Trump Got What He Wanted at the Border. Would Biden Undo It? | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1341061

Great businessman or money laundering scheme pawn?

The wall and the policies surrounding immigration as implemented by the current maladministration are outright racist and as sadistic as possible. PERMANENTLY kidnapping infants from lactating mothers. PERMANENTLY kidnapping children from their parents. Caging those children to sleep on concrete floors with mylar film as a blanket. Sending those parents back to the countries from which they tried to escape, and doing so without their children. This is vile, despicable, sadistic behavior performed at the demand of BLOTUS IMPOTUS and the evil imp Stephen Miller. There is no emotional recovery for these traumatized children. These families have been destroyed. And his Evangelical base is just fine with this monstrous horror?

To hell with anyone who votes for Trump.

The tRump administration took a disfunctional, chaotic immigration system and replaced it with a cruelty. We must do better - as a country, as a people, and as a party (i.e., the Democratic party must do better - Republicans can FOAD).

1 Like

What’s the point of publishing/posting this article in these last days leading up to the election? Could this be construed as a mild form of scaremongering to dissuade liberal Democrats from bothering to vote for BIDEN/HARRIS because… you know… they’re all the same and both sides do it?

1 Like

Speaking of that evil turd Stephen Miller, where the hell is he? He was diagnosed with COVID 3 weeks ago and it has been radio silence since. Since they are not touting his maraculous recovery, I am assuming that he has not miraculously recovered. I sincerely hope he’s suffering greatly; if it should come to that, I wouldn’t mourn his death.

1 Like

Stephen Miller is young and, just like the tall and beautiful Barron, I’m sure he hasn’t been sick from the infection, not even one day. Because the young people, you know, they are immune and they heal quickly. Just like that. It’s a miracle, really.

3 Likes

I suspect that Stephen Miller is molting and the White House does not want us to see the form of the real demon exposed to the light of day…not even around Halloween.

The only thing I can add to your comment is that in some cases I believe that the parents don’t want to be found. That their trip to the border was all about saving their children from the life that was not going to be good for them if they stayed. These children’s parents want more for them that what they could hope to provide in their home country, and by leaving them here they hope that the children will have a good life.
Now my nagging fear is that if Trump is re-elected or some of twist of horrendous fate that can happen here, then these kids will be dumped back into one the 3 countries that make up of the Northern triangle. This dick move would give Stephen Miller all the thrills he could ever want.

1 Like

@pb
@rucleare
His wife the Pence something or other was infected early this year, but I can’t remember if she was pregnant before or after getting infected. Maybe Stephen is laying low and getting the nursery ready, and devouring all the third Reich’s child rearing manuals?

1 Like

I have a little bit of experience with this…

No, not being Latino …rather, living for seven years in West Germany, which–that country and many others–was helped by the Marshall Plan after WWII.

That is what is needed for Central America, and the Heavy Lifting will be as much in the area of political reform (those countries needing assistance) as economic reform.

@Volvo_Birkenstock
@rucleare
@lastroth

Stephen Miller participated in a call today (Surprise! He’s still a hateful, dishonest little weasel.), so I guess that’s another dream I am going to have to let go of.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available