Trump Forces Self-Promoting Letter Into USDA’s Food Aid Boxes

President Trump’s re-election efforts have extended to millions of food aid boxes that are distributed to needy families.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1335768
1 Like

is there no end to the fckg corruption? when do government employees start saying, ‘no’? when do politicians, media moguls and business leader start demanding that this criminal resign?
get my rubber room ready…

9 Likes

Think of it as emergency sheet of TP. Or just use for the next #2

4 Likes

Slug…Human slug.

6 Likes

concerns that the program is being co-opted as part of Trump’s re-election efforts

Susan Collins couldn’t have phrased it better.

5 Likes

He is implicitly taking “credit” for the boxes’ necessity in the first place.

8 Likes

I want ads out there mocking them as cheaters. Something that points out that cheaters cheat because they know they can’t make it honestly. They know they’re falling behind and can’t catch up. They’re like people who cut in line, bullies who try to make you let them see your answers during a test, kids who knock your ice cream cone out of your hands because they don’t have one, guys who try to sell you a genuine Rolex in Times Square, people who never bring money when you go out for coffee.
I bet mockery would be a really useful tool to expose the corruption and will get the idiots doing the cheating upset!

3 Likes

The additional notice being slipped into the boxes:

WARNING: The note from “Toxic President” may cause nausea and loss of appetite.

8 Likes

Well, the landfills and recycling centers will be cranking overtime.

4 Likes

Oh, I dunno 'bout that. I suspect that he’s either a fluke in the gut of a tape worm, or a tape worm in the gut of a fluke. Think of it as “parasite-squared”.

2 Likes

Can you imagine the pearl clutching if Obama did this during the last recession? And yet, we won’t hear a whisper from them about this, not even a statement of “concern”, as government is twisted around in an attempt to help Trump win another term.

After Biden wins, every single time a Republican raises an objection to anything that is done, we need to throw everything that Trump has done back in their face and tell them to shut the fuck up. They have allowed the worst from Trump without objection, so they don’t have a say from here on out.

12 Likes

This really isn’t at all the behavior of someone who thinks he has a shot at winning the election. This is pure desperation. Don’t assume that the people that need these food boxes are as stupid as he thinks they are. Just because he signs a check or puts a note in a box doesn’t mean those folks will somehow think they owe him their vote.

12 Likes

Somewhere, an attorney in the basement of the DoJ sighs and re-opens the indictment to make an amendment.

Orrin? Are you there Orrin?

2 Likes

I won’t take a Trump Vaccine.

I wouldn’t eat from a box of food anyhow associated with Fat Nixon.

Donnie probably considers paper to be a vegetable, like ketchup…

ETTD…

4 Likes

“What, no circus?!” - Po Folk

President Trump’s re-election efforts have extended to millions of food aid boxes that are distributed to needy families.

It’s official now, the US of A has joined the Commonwealth of Banana Republics.

This kind of crap, together with suppressing the vote, encouraging militant supporters to violate polling places, packing the courts with lackeys. That is how the Mexican regime ensured one party role. How Chaves in Venezuela became president for life.

Other attributes, naming relatives to high office: check; funneling government contracts to his personal business: check.

4 Likes

Nothing says “autocrat” like using government aid for personal self-promotion of the dictator-wannabe in a losing election effort.

As Trump becomes more desperate, he becomes more corrupt.

5 Likes

But I imagine those principled Conservatives that were so upset about the mythical “Obamaphone” will raise their voices.

3 Likes

How is this not illegal? It’s using a taxpayer-supported program to distribute campaign materials. Why isn’t the ACLU or someone else all over this with a lawsuit to block the letters?

8 Likes

How how how how how the hell is this legal? This is pure 3rd world dictator crap.

5 Likes