Trump Flips Out About His Senate Impeachment Trial On Twitter

After mostly confining his Twitter feed to retweets from GOP allies this week, a livid President Donald Trump fired off tweet after tweet in an extended rant about his Senate impeachment trial on Thursday morning.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1286332
2 Likes

DAY 1,099: Still. No. Pivot.

84 Likes

Pfffft!

21 Likes

“The Democrats & Shifty Schiff, whose presentation to the Senate was loaded with lies and misrepresentations, are refusing to state that the Obama Administration withheld aid from many countries including Ukraine, Pakistan, Philippines, Egypt, Honduras, & Mexico. Witch Hunt!”

Still after Obama after all these years. ‘Because I said so’ is not a legal defense. ‘Because someone else did it too’ is not a legal defense.

Again, if they have the docs and witnesses that prove his innocence, release it all and let it come forward.

Otherwise, how can I miss you if you won’t go away?

77 Likes

Tell us AGAIN how he is doing ‘the Nation’s business’ with over 100 tweets yesterday. He is guilty as sin. He KNOWS it. The Senators KNOW it but folksy aholes like Kennedy from LA are out there saying ‘I don’t HAVE to read the transcripts…I’ve been hearing some good discussion on them!’ MORONS. They are out there for the rubes who are asking ‘isn’t it OK to ask for foreign interference???’

61 Likes

G.U.I.L.T.Y.

43 Likes

Is it November 2020 yet…:roll_eyes:

24 Likes

Since tweets have been confirmed as official records, can we get some of these presented during the trial? Then let the Chief Justice admonish the president

58 Likes

Is it too much to hope that he just blows a gasket in the next few days?? His blood pressure must be through the roof…

(I know, I know, this won’t solve all the problems, but it might de-fang a few…)

29 Likes

The man is clinically disturbed. We can only hope the damage he leaves behind will be for one term only.

26 Likes

STFU and go away.

18 Likes

Aren’t we glad he’s focused on the hard work of governing?

23 Likes

seemingly unphased, an upbeat President Trump continued to display his calm demeanor

29 Likes

Majority says they doubt impeachment trial will change their minds: poll

In a poll from The Associated Press and the NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, three quarters of Americans said that the trial is not likely at all or not very likely to change their views of the president’s alleged criminal activity.

That’s really a misleading title. The effect is that a significant minority (25%) are likely or very likely to change their minds. That is huge.

41 Likes

And, look at what the National Archives is going to have to deal with.

14 Likes

I think what was meant was “unfazed” but considering his mental derailment issues “unphased” definitely also applies… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

Hmm, this is turning out to be a particularly productive Infrastructure Week!

26 Likes

Trump spools out a tissue of lies, written on digital toilet paper. Democratic presidential candidates are wiping his ass with it, and the digital toilet is overflowing. We’re gonna need a bigger digital mop.

21 Likes

It’ll be a cardboard box full of flash drives.

12 Likes

Is this another “Trump became presidential” moment? lol

9 Likes