Trump EPA To Get Rid Of Key Regulation On Methane Emissions

The Trump administration will roll back crucial regulations on methane emissions, which are one of the biggest contributors to climate change.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1245452
1 Like

Under the new rule, the federal government will no longer require oil and gas companies to take preventative measures against methane leaks from their production facilities.

What can one add to that? Fuck.

26 Likes

Trump’s world is caving in, and he’s bound and determined to ensure that the rest of us die in a fiery mess right alongside him.

18 Likes

Trump probably thought is was a way to get back at Fake News to get more of his speeches aired.

The irony that the biggest emitter of methane (Trump) wants to get rid of rules around methane emissions is loud.

3 Likes

That’s appalling! What took them so long? I thought they had a plan in place to destroy the EPA completely on day one. Just another failure of the Trump reign. /s

4 Likes

What TPM does not note (although NYT does) is that oil and gas producers oppose this regulation. So the people who are poisoning the atmosphere are fine with it, but the Trump maladministration has to weaken it.

This is not just bad policy. It is pathology.

27 Likes

They’re literally destroying the earth to make a) more money for rich people b) liberal heads “explode.” What they don’t get through their own thick heads is it just makes us angry and they won’t like us when we’re angry.

25 Likes

EPA: When It Positively, Absolutely Has to Be Destroyed Now™

14 Likes

World: “You’re an incompetent cretin.”

Trump: “Nice planet you’ve got there. Wouldn’t want anything to happen to it…”

10 Likes

The battle cry: “We must remove this man from Office” becomes ever more urgent.

12 Likes

Full speed ahead! Next stop - Global Inferno!

4 Likes

Are you turning green?

If so, they’ll just assume you’re jealous.

1 Like

The modern GOP: The pro-pollution, pro-poison political party!

9 Likes

The cry is urgent, the means at this point?

President Harris or Warren are gonna be REAL busy in 2021.

4 Likes

Like somehow poisoning the air for generations will only affect Liberals.

Short-sighted as well as stupid…

13 Likes

You’ve got to hand it to the robber barons, they did some damn good propagandizing over the years.

11 Likes

MEANWHILE…it looks like Dorian is heading toward Mar-A-Lago…and will be a Cat 4 when he makes landfall.

While I don’t want people hurt or OTHER people’s property destroyed…I must admit, this picture of Dorian is satisfying…particularly in light of donnie’s continued attacks on the planet.

9 Likes

The 1% can afford to pump pure air into their Aeries of arrogance…high up in the Penthouse-sphere. s/

4 Likes

If the administration is going to cause the release of massive amounts of noxious gases into the atmosphere, can we at least get them to offset that by duct taping president traitor’s mouth shut? I feel like that would be close to an even trade, at least.

3 Likes