Trump, DA’s Office Make Their Closing Arguments To The Jury - TPM – Talking Points Memo

I vote for the second option.

1 Like

The retainer which no one has produced.

Katie Phang

Blanche: There was a retainer agreement and Cohen was on-call for Trump.

10 Likes

I call for a Fred Sanford-esque “I’m coming to join you, Ivana!”

8 Likes

Indeed. But some days more stupid shows than others. There is a lot of it on display today.

6 Likes

Don’t they have to demonstrate that that retainer actually existed? Like a document or something?

7 Likes

First objection

Blanche’s message is consistent: Cohen billed for services rendered, and there was a verbal retainer agreement.

“As you heard from multiple witnesses,” Blanche says, the lack of a written retainer “doesn’t matter”—objection, Steinglass says, loudly and strongly. Sustained.

21 Likes

Per Blanche it wasn’t in writing. There are two attorneys on the jury.

13 Likes

Reinforcing the defense’s closing arguments ad nauseum throughout the rest of the trial. The “Where is Weisselburg?” chyron appears to presage one of the closing arguments. But on reconsideration, Fox would likely do that anyway without prompting.

2 Likes

Is this a case of pictures or it didn’t happen, the lack of a document?

1 Like

Ah, no. Trump believed that this lawyer would set the record straight about Cohen, and bullied his lawyers into putting him on the stand as the last witness. He then came in and acted just like the mob lawyer he is and tried to disrespect and intimidate the judge. After what Merchan has gone through with Trump, it would not have been an overreaction to put Rodney Dangerfield directly in jail.

14 Likes

Fatalina!!! Good one!!!

2 Likes

He has nobody

3 Likes

Bikini bearing bleached blond bad built butch body says what?

4 Likes

Blanche appears to be intending to spend 2.5 hours, which he’s welcome to, telling the jury one or two things in innumerably different ways.

21 Likes

From Josh K:
This is the center of the case: were the Trump Org’s books and records accurate?

I think the answer is pretty obviously, “No.”

And I also think it’s an extremely stupid thing for the defense to concede, because if a business’s books are systematically inaccurate the obvious next question is, “Why are the books systematically inaccurate?”

Things happen and people do make mistakes, but they are supposed to be corrected when discovered. That isn’t what happened here.

The only answer to the obvious question is, “Because we don’t want someone discovering something from our accounts.”

Blanche just got the prosecution halfway to a conviction with that point.

21 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Greene performs her own stunts…

7 Likes

Thank you for this very thoughtful post. Even as a juror, you did what you believed to be right, and risked the consequences. It is never easy, but standing up for your beliefs is more important sometimes, than doing what is easy. You are a mensch. :pray:t3:

14 Likes

He can always point out how nobody gave up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

13 Likes

So, is this wonderful man gonna let TDFG use it for as long as he wants, free of charge?

40 Likes