Trump Coup Lawyer Jeff Clark Absolutely Scorched In DC Bar Finding - TPM – Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1487820
2 Likes

So many FG lawyers. So little time (in jail).

Disbarment is simply not enough.

66 Likes

Climate change Hurricanes, nope no way
Climate change could virtually disappear in Florida — at least according to state law (msn.com)

Florida, perhaps the most vulnerable state to sea-level rise and extreme weather, is on the verge of repealing what’s left of a 16-year-old law that lists climate change as a priority when making energy policy decisions. Instead, the state would make energy affordability and availability its main focus.

A bill waiting to be signed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis would strip the term “climate change” from much of state law and reverse a policy then-Gov. Charlie Crist championed as he built a reputation for being a rare Republican fighting to promote green energy over fossil fuels.

While Florida is distinct for having an enormous coastline and being flat — Miami’s average elevation is roughly 6 to 7 feet (2 meters) above sea level — the chairman of House Infrastructure Strategies Committee said it also has unique challenges and the climate change language in law makes meeting them more difficult.

HAHAHA Good luck with that
We’re protecting consumers, we’re protecting consumer pricing, we’re protecting them with great reliability and we’re protecting to make sure we don’t have a lack of energy security in our state. That’s where we’re moving as far as our policies,” said Republican Rep. Bobby Payne

52 Likes

Video: President Biden Takes on Trump for Saying States Should Be Allowed To Punish Women for Seeking Reproductive Healthcare | Blue Virginia

43 Likes

Sticking their collective heads in a sink hole.

28 Likes

… And the Beat Goes On…

41 Likes

Yepper. I was disappointed, again, to discover that today’s headline was simply hyperbole; no one has set Jeff Clark on fire.

44 Likes

it is exceedingly difficult for me to have any empathy for Jeff Clark and others of his ilk.

They tried to destroy our government, they tried to steal an election, and they put a criminal, grifting, coward ahead of their oaths to office and to the constitution.

May they all fester and suffer in a dank, dark, rodent-infested, windowless, concrete block-walled, 4x8 cell for years. starting with that monster, trumpenstein.

62 Likes

Welcome to TPM.

37 Likes

They still call them outhouses in the Derp South.

6 Likes

I’m sure DeStoopid and the rest of the Floriduh GQP will be pounding the table with outstretched hands, demanding those sweet FEMA dollars after the next hurricane, though! [facepalm]

And these clowns claim to be “the party of individual responsibility”…

43 Likes

and as we know, no good will ever come from that.

38 Likes

Yet… :wink:

8 Likes

PuPPy

60 Likes

Did Jeffy have to appear before the panel in his boxer shorts?

26 Likes

And what else is going on in Louisiana?

53 Likes

With respect to the Time interview with Trump, I’m making my way through the transcripts. It’s a way worse impression than you might get by just reading the article. I just picked a sample from the last paragraph I read. It’s by no means the worse and it might be less deranged than other sections.

Because it really does work, you know, walls work. Walls and wheels. I would say, you know, a lot of, see what you have here, your tape recorder, everything else is going to be obsolete in about six months. You’ll have something that’s much better. But the two things that are never obsolete are walls and wheels.

Walls and wheels, baby.

90 Likes

“Never roll uphill, me boys!”

73 Likes

I remember when a sitting US President nationalized a state’s National Guard to enforce Federal anti-discrimination laws.

Abbot and most of his Administration should be in chains.

57 Likes

Hmmmm! Will they go to a certain Federalist Society Stooge to implement this?

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available