Trump Cooks Up New Conspiracy Theories About the Butler Assassination Attempt

Originally published at: Trump Cooks Up New Conspiracy Theories About the Butler Assassination Attempt - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Trump Asserts (Without Evidence, of Course) That the Biden Administration Tried to Murder Him One thing I would not have expected President Donald J. Trump to be spending his time on with just weeks to go until Election Day is creating new conspiracy theories about Tom Crooks, who shot at him in the summer of…

2 Likes

ETA: In keeping with tradition:

22 Likes


(@atrupar.com on Bluesky )

Decades and decades, eh?
Like from before Joe Biden?
Like from Bush, Bush, Reagan or Trump 1, even?

24 Likes

Other mega-donors have funnelled cash to candidates pushing deregulation of cryptocurrency and gambling or to promote AI.

I’m waiting for the slew of ads where republican candidates voice their strong support for more AI (and hence more data centers) and looser Crypto and gambling rules. They could roll this all into one overarching narrative: “I believe in separating people from their money unless they have lots of it!” But I know that it will go to more trans and communism phobia.

15 Likes
17 Likes

“Democrat Plot, to get me out of the Election.”
Oh Donny, wrong on so many levels, the Dems want you in the midterms, it’s the Republicans who don’t. Plus if it was a Democratic plot it would have been successful.

13 Likes

Shouldn’t the words “assassination attempt” always be put in quotes?

10 Likes

“I don’t care what his cult says, I know him personally. And here’s the truth: My uncle is the only person I know without one redeeming quality. Not a single one.” – Mary Trump

29 Likes

Sounds right! Except for the “death knell” part — plenty of political movements worldwide (and through U.S. history) have built their ascendancy on hate.

This is one reason I like TPM. It doesn’t just echo the stuff politicians say. It contextualizes it.

mega-donors have funneled cash to candidates pushing deregulation of cryptocurrency and gambling or to promote AI.

All ways to rip people off. What would you expect greedy billionaires to want in a politician?

15 Likes

I hope this does indeed ring a death knell for the GOP. They are now a collection of howler monkeys with a few remaining sane members who are scared to death of the crazies. As far as TCF, he demonstrates his incapacity to serve every day. He’s out of his mind, folks.

14 Likes

Are We at War?

No!

“You call it a war?” Todd Blanche said yesterday while conducting, of all things, a White House press briefing. “I disagree with that characterization, as does most of Congress.”

9 Likes

Let’s send the ICE goons out to fight fires, since the current occupant has been stealing funds from FEMA and other government agencies that actually perform useful work.

15 Likes

Do you really think those goons would agree to exchange their guns for a shovel and a fire hose?

3 Likes

This ‘administration’s utterance’ is well past being synonymous with ‘self-serving lie.’

5 Likes

I doubt the firefighters would want to deal with those morons. Their sheer incompetence would get actual firefighters killed.

18 Likes

Cornyn: Oh, woe is me, there has been an erosion of public conduct in politicians! I wish that I knew who might be to blame for this!

Dork.

14 Likes

Imagine the consequence if a supervisor remarked, “We have to tackle this fire before it gets out of control.”

3 Likes

When the Butler incident occurred I immediately had thoughts of the subplot of the movie Bullworth where a man with a rifle follows the candidate in order to gin up an incident.

1 Like

And they can’t even do that consistently.

2 Likes

Yeah, they can all fuck off.

5 Likes