Trump Congratulates Businesses for Helping Fight Coronavirus. But His Own Company Has Been Absent. | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1301410

What about the “seven hotel properties and dozen U.S. country clubs owned by the Trump Organization?

Are they offering their “hospitality” service/properties to the Covid infected Americans? After all, it’s the least the Covidiot Trump can do after HiS incompetence and negligence had caused the American death toll to rise!

BUT it seems that might happen when pigs fly…COVID HYPOCRITES!

4 Likes

To no one’s surprise.

5 Likes

Is anyone really surprised by this? Remember the Trump Charity was really a clearinghouse for money from other people until it was shut down for self dealing. He and his spawn are just a bunch of con artist.

5 Likes

This is who Trump is…if the Clintons, Obama, either Bush, owned hotels, they would have opened them up for medical purposes, even if only to quarantine people to keep them out of the population. I think the vast majority of Democratic politicians would do the same, and some number of Republicans. This behavior is purely Trump and the kinds of people he hobnobs with…they are way too selfish to consider changing their ways when the nation is under siege.

It’s been a long time since we were a nation that would band together in the time of need…on the small scale, yes, but on the large scale it’s probably not since the 60s. And, coincidentally, that’s when the Republican party started to be invaded by evangelical Christianity and racists. They have now metastasized into a real danger to the ideals of America, and Trump isn’t the cause, only the most obvious symptom. We will not progress as a nation until they are removed from holding power over our political process.

6 Likes

The Trumps don’t want the bed bugs to catch the coronavirus.

And this:

"The Town of Palm Beach United Way helps fund 49 area social service agencies, and the pandemic has hit their clients hard, prompting residents and local businesses to contribute more than $400,000 to date. “It’s a very giving community,” Kopf said.

"The group’s donors include both wealthy individuals and island clubs, including the Breakers, she said. But not Mar-A-Lago or the Trumps. ‘Many of our donors are members of Mar-a-Lago,’ Kopf said. ‘They give. But we’ve never worked directly with the Trump Organization or the Mar-A-Lago Club. We’ve never been a part of their giving circle.’”

But, I bet they can rent Mar-a-Grifto for a hefty price for a fundraiser at which others might give.

5 Likes

DJT and his family do not “do” empathy…

3 Likes

“America’s Private Sector is stepping up to help us be STRONG!”

*With the exception of insurance companies “be BILLED!”

2 Likes

I’m waiting for more widespread reporting on how trumPP is hoping ACA is totally decimated by SCOTUS sooner than later and how he planned to kick about 700K people out of the food stamp program but was stopped by a Federal court.

2 Likes

As for the president’s own private business? It doesn’t appear to be “stepping up.”

as if we didn’t already know that the whole family specializes in grift, steal, swindle and outright theft of anyone and everything for there own personal gain.
Taker Extraordinaire’s is the royal name for these pathetic excuses for being a human being.

2 Likes

it’s being worked on.

1 Like

Trump hotels will donate his rooms as soon as the RNC comes up with the money .

1 Like

Selfish really doesn’t describe the Trump family. Malignant, parasitic, sociopathic, that seems more the ticket. Every day you read more about how sick this bunch really is. And their supporters well, they support them, enable them, co-malignant with them.

We need to forward this article to all of our local news stations at a minimum.

2 Likes

Times like these I wish TPM had a down thumb option. Sorry this was lame.

1 Like

If Chiselin’ Trump led by example, we would all be bankrupt, pu$$y-grabbing, liars.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment, hard to post irony of Trump congratulating himself. Just a meager commenter more than outraged by all this.

Oh sorry I didn’t pick up on what you were doing there! Pretty lame on my part. Sometimes you have to explain it to folks like me!

1 Like

Not at all!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available