Trump Campaign Bails On Its Arizona ‘SharpieGate’-Lite Lawsuit | Talking Points Memo

The second Arizona SharpieGate lawsuit shall meet a similar fate as the first one.

The Trump campaign said Friday in a court filing that it was backing away from a lawsuit filed in recent days that alleged that scores of voters may have been disenfranchised by how Maricopa County election workers were handling an issue with tabulators reading their ballots.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344598

16 Likes

They actually lost on intellectual property grounds.

“Sharpiegate” already belongs to Trump’s Alabama hurricane drawing.

35 Likes

I’ll go with this again.

He’s a loser. Exactly what he appears to be.

19 Likes

I’d guess that we’re only days away from the disappearance of virtually all of the lawsuits. These have to be brought by, ya’ know, attorneys, who are well aware that they can’t file lawsuits based on whims and hunches. They aren’t willing to lie to a court, and know that they can’t just make shit up. Their clients aren’t officers of the court, but they are, and with the exception of a few loons like Giuliani, they realize that they’re jeopardizing their careers by continuing to push nonsense.

24 Likes

Fourteen at bats and one hit. If I did the math correctly (which I probably didn’t), a .071 batting average doesn’t seem that encouraging.

ETA Update: Team Toadglans is now 1-15, a .067 average.

Fun Fact: The Mendoza Line is still .200.

19 Likes

I was thinking this might be the lawsuit that made it all the way to the Supreme Court Total Landscaping. Alas.

22 Likes

Are you suggesting that Orly Taitz is dead?

15 Likes

Losing in Michigan too.

33 Likes

I will never, ever understand why so many seemingly intelligent and accomplished people have so eagerly abased themselves and jeopardized their careers for this preening idiot.

37 Likes

So…how many more will be filed in place of this one? 4? 5?

Your math is correct. Well below the Mendoza line.

6 Likes

And, another one bites the dust. What’s the Dump to do besides sit in the corner in the bunker sucking his thumb?

4 Likes

Don’t stress it too much.

Thousands of researchers have spent millions of hours of time over the last 70-odd years trying to figure out how otherwise good German people ended up supporting Hitler, with a similar lack of success.

25 Likes

Ghoulsie hasn’t seen the inside of a courtroom for decades, with the exception of divorce court.

13 Likes

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from her regarding this fraudulent election. Because Hugo Chávez, doncha know?

3 Likes

No path forward in Arizona for Trump.

28 Likes

So…help me understand. According to this Tweet, Trump is too humiliated to be seen in public

We’ve tweeted often that Trump’s greatest fear is humiliation. His election loss has become extra-humiliating as lawsuits get tossed, lawyers quit, and some GOP break ranks. His own DHS called the election secure. He is dangerous. Good article. https://t.co/p2Kksrqn3k

— Duty To Warn :sound: (@duty2warn) November 13, 2020

And now the Michigan judge has rejected the “disenfranchise Wayne County” suit.

But these lawsuits are not too humiliating?

20 Likes

Car crashes have really slowed down during the pandemic.

9 Likes

Did you forget the “t” in the last word?