Trump Camp Melts Down Over Reports Noting Its PA Lawsuit Had Been Scaled Back | Talking Points Memo

The Trump campaign is very angry that journalists noticed that the Trump campaign has made significant changes to a post-election federal lawsuit it filed in Pennsylvania.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344835
1 Like

Come on, fellas. It’s already at 68k and still counting. You may as well contest Vermont at this point.

42 Likes

“Well we will find more before trial.”

When is that trial scheduled? Certification of the PA results is on 11/23.

37 Likes

With all the back-and-forth about whether Trump has thrown in the towel, the real tell is that he made Giuliani the official head of his election challenge team. No risk because he knows he doesn’t have to pay him.

35 Likes

Question – can the Trump Team just continue to file lawsuit after lawsuit, or is there some limit? Can PA certify the counts if lawsuits are pending? Because if they cannot, their strategy is clearly to prevent the certification at all.

6 Likes

OT: Obama goes there. Questions Trump’s manliness. He’s just baiting him, isn’t he? :grinning:

42 Likes

Whining that GOP counties didn’t do enough to cure the mail-in ballots they (rightly) suspected would overwhelming skew for Biden-Harris is the perfect denouement for this opera bouffe.

18 Likes

One million new cases of Covid in a week; 42 people dying every hour. But he’s golfing on the weekends and tweeting all day long.

How about the media POINT THIS OUT?

33 Likes

Twitter has lost its patience

37 Likes

He does have to pay the actually practicing PA attorneys who are filing the court paperwork. That may be a factor in dropping so many of the suits; every buck going to the lawyers is one less buck to grift out of that rapidly diminishing campaign fund.

32 Likes

Trumpnik is just one step away from claiming that votes were changed by witchcraft.

“I saw it on an episode of Bewitched! Samantha wiggled her nose and over 600K votes changed!”

21 Likes

“…full of sound and fury, signifying nothing…”

21 Likes

Yes, barring a court order. A pending lawsuit filed by a pennsyltucky orly taitz means nothing.

18 Likes

Well, boys, Rudy’s been drinkin’ again.

11 Likes

PA can certify independent of any court actions, unless Roberts and his gang somehow want to get hinky. But that’s not going to happen.

Bigger question: At what point to the courts start slapping sanctions and defendant’s fees on the attorneys repeatedly filing lawsuits that don’t meet the standards of criminal procedure? And when do those lawyers’ respective Bar associations step in?

25 Likes

The results in Pennsylvania will be certified in one week. I don’t see anyone doing anything to delay that certification and I doubt I will. Once the results are certified, there won’t be any more lawsuits to talk about.

19 Likes

Next tell me about the sun rising in the east.

8 Likes

‘C’mon, c’mon…we are trying to be SNEAKY here and you journalists keep finding us out. STOP IT…’ Fkn buffoons…

6 Likes

When the GA recount fails to give him a win, …

Being Trump, he will do something very unwise before this is over.

21 Likes

"A tale told by an idiot…

11 Likes