Trump Camp Keeps Desperately Launching Court Fights As Path To Victory Shrinks | Talking Points Memo

Tensions continue to run high as Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden narrowed President Donald Trump’s lead in Georgia and Pennsylvania as outstanding absentee ballots in both states continue to be counted.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1342761

Good Morning Folks! It’s going to be good day!

56 Likes

Please let this be over soon.

45 Likes

Further west, as more ballots were tabulated in Arizona, Trump supporters — some armed — swarmed a facility in Maricopa County, mounting their support for President Trump as the Democratic candidate’s lead shrank in the state after early projections by a number of networks that the newly battleground state would be won by Biden.

So what was this about the Dems mounting a coup? Trump supporters swarming a facility and we’re supposed to be ok with this?

48 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

The Drumpists are trying to take what they couldn’t get by law by force.
IANAL, but clearly there are statutes aimed at controlling this kind of behavior. They should be applied without prejudice or favoritism.(ed.)

13 Likes

What worries me more than Trump flailing around is the idea that rank and file DOJ people would go along with engaging in intimidation. We have a lot of work to do re-introducing democracy to America.

33 Likes

“We will not allow Democrat election officials to steal this election from President Trump with late, illegal ballots,”

This is rich: having tried to rig the USPS to fail to deliver ballots on time, now the Reactionaries’ll use the law to prevent unscrupulous Democrats from undermining their illegal scheme.

39 Likes

By tomorrow, the deplorables mob at the count stations will end up actually being comprised of zombies in MAGA hats, yelling for BBQ, Beer and Trump.

This is how the news has been lately. One prediction of what is next is as good as another. Very tiring.

5 Likes

They’ve started speaking in Tongues.

27 Likes

As if 53 ballots (if they even exist) are significant. The whole thing is laughable.

8 Likes

It’s absolutely fucking risible, given the magnitude of their interference with the USPS.

21 Likes

I wish they’d start handling snakes: it might offer a quick resolution to this dispute.

31 Likes

So long as votes are counted and courts stay out of it.

11 Likes

And they’re trying it in multiple locations, Arizona and Michigan being two.

8 Likes

I’m sure they’re doing it as a matter of principle.

For the common good, long-term, as it were.

9 Likes

There’s an old story out there about a little girl who prayed for a pony for Christmas.

She prayed, and prayed, and prayed.

Her big brother made fun of her all the time she prayed, because they lived in a high-rise apartment in Manhattan, so it was an impossible prayer.

Christmas morning came and, of course, there was no pony.

The big brother laughed and laughed, saying G-d didn’t answer her prayer.

And with all the wisdom of a little girl, she replied quietly, ‘Yes, He did - He said no’.

I wonder if Paula knows that story.

39 Likes

Well they get one thing right, “Fox News sucks.”

17 Likes

Has the motherfucker conceded yet?

7 Likes

I’m expecting that on or about 22 January 2021.

10 Likes