Trump Camp, 17 Red State AGs Formally Get Behind Texas’ SCOTUS #Overturn Lawsuit | Talking Points Memo

The absolutely absurd nature of Texas’ request that the Supreme Court reverse the election results in four battleground states has not stopped the Trump campaign or more than a dozen other Republican state attorneys general from supporting the gambit.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348416

We can’t show any evidence of fraud, they claim, because the changes the individual states made that are targeted here made that fraud—wait for it—undetectable. So that’s fun.

Here, if you doubt me:

47 Likes

OH Trump has once again … shown his true colors - bed-sheet white - Racist

The lead attorney on the filing, Chapman University School of Law professor John Eastman, is a far-right lawyer who earlier this year argued that Kamala Harris, as the daughter of immigrants, may not be eligible to be vice president.

11 Likes

"It’s a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham."

20 Likes

And still I hear, “both parties are the same.”

31 Likes

It ain’t over until five or more justices sing…

4 Likes

A confederacy of traitors.

29 Likes

Possibly worse.

17 Likes

Yes most likely said by a Republican…

1 Like

Well, I guess it was always bound to come down to this. The Republic now hangs by a thread.

17 Likes

And the worse part is that the Democrats are going to let bygones be bygones in the name of “national unity”. Big mistake. for starters this people don’t want unity, they want domination. These people need to be punished harshly, if not they will try again with a less incompetent leader.

39 Likes

I’m convinced that besides the attendant grift that all of this is to wear the rest of us down. I’m certain, from what I’ve been able to gather, that SCOTUS will knock this down quickly. But afterwards I expect a political fight on Dec 14th when the EC votes, a floor fight in Congress when the EC votes are certified, and interference with the inauguration, itself. Afterwards, if McConnell controls the senate, there’ll be endless “investigations” of Joe’s finances, Hunter Biden’s activities and finances, even if he successfully defends himself in his current investigation and is exonerated.

These people don’t know how to do anything except chase and fight bogeymen and therefore, to the nation’s detriment, they will continue to do as they do best.

It’s certainly wearing me down and I’m tired of being calm and collected. I’m betting a lot of others are too. I don’t want unity anymore. It’s a pipe-dream. I want to see (figuratively, politically) their teeth punched down their throats so far they have to eat cornflakes by sitting on the bowl.

107 Likes

I conclude that there are at least 18 states that reject democracy. I cannot imagine ever setting foot in any of them again.

41 Likes

Pathetic!

6 Likes

This continues to be beyond comprehension. We appear more and more like a third world dictatorship trying to prevent anyone from removing their corrupt, criminal organization from control of the government.

24 Likes

In other news, 17 states think that filing fake lawsuits that help the president raise money from the rubes, will move them to the head of the line for vaccine allocations. For the next 41 days.

28 Likes

I thought Paxton was the only one facing 99 years in the slammer.

Who knew 17 other state AGs were under multiple indictment, and willing to commit dignity-suicide by kissing Trump’s bloated ass over this dead-end bullsh-t for pardons?

(They must think he’s gonna give 'em out like Hanukkah presents: “Eight Crazy Nights of Pardons!”)

42 Likes

A helpful map.

34 Likes

Why has my PA State Senator Regan and State Rep Rothman not stand up to Texas and the Trump camp?

2 Likes

Underwear. Will be worn. On the outside. So. We can check.

8 Likes