Trump Calls Impeachment Inquiry A Public ‘Lynching’

President Trump invoked grotesque, racist language in a tweet on Tuesday morning to remind Republicans that he believes the House’s impeachment inquiry is unfair to him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1257171
1 Like

Pretty great, coming from the Klansman-in-Chief.

27 Likes

it’s not a lynching, and anyway, Trump is already a “strange fruit”.

22 Likes

38 Likes

Yeah some day Donnie. Last time they had the majority they didn’t even wait to see who won.

13 Likes

Trump should start planning his escape. Maybe he should build an underground railroad.

23 Likes

Shades of Clarence Thomas.

25 Likes

“You can put your pubic hairs on their soda cans! If you’re famous they’ll let you!!”

19 Likes

Well, normally I´m against lynching. But in this case…

ETA: Note to SS: I meant ¨lynching¨ in a high-tech, Clarence Thomas metaphorical kinda way :wink:

2 Likes

For someone who should be so confident that nothing can happen to him, he sure seems obsessed and nervous.

38 Likes

Racist this morning, Donald?

10 Likes

Not yet, Donnie, but we’re getting close to locking your crime family up.

6 Likes

Rump isn’t wrong about what assholes a future Republican House could be. They could impeach a Democratic President for any reason, no reason or the stupidest possible reason. THEY ALREADY HAVE!!! SO dont f**÷÷*&$ ELECT ANOTHER REPUBLICAN HOUSE!!!

29 Likes

Trump never learned “Keep your friends close, and keep your enemies closer.”

5 Likes

Petulance.

5 Likes

I guess that I shouldn’t be amazed by Trump’s lack of originality. The best analysis after the Clinton Impeachment circus was that " it was a legal coup !" And Trump stole that to say his Impeachment inquiry is a coup. During the Senate grilling of Thomas for the Supreme Court he called it a High-tech lynching. And now Trump has stolen that as well. How about calling the Ukraine debacle a third-rate corruption.

11 Likes

Good Dog! I feel dumber anymore after reading one of President Thicky’s tweets.

Beyond being an affront to the legacy of Ida Wells and those who were victims of lynching, tRump consistently reflects a deep lack of understanding about anything governmental. Damn! His stupid burns my brain.

18 Likes

“The comparison was met with swift, bipartisan condemnation.”

Can we stop calling support from neverttumpers “bipartisan”? Wake me up when rethugs in office grow a spine.

22 Likes

I know it’s HARD Donnie but do try READING the Constitution. Along with the ‘phony emoluments clause’ is some pretty interesting stuff about IMPEACHMENT, what it means, who can do it and WHY they do it.

12 Likes

The man is wearing down. He is becoming more irrational daily. Emotionally he is the same age as my twin grandchildren – 2. He simply lacks any understanding of the motives of the people around him and the wider world in which he currently lives, so all he can do is stomp his feet and throw a fit.

23 Likes